cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switchover from Sky went smoothly :D

Woke up this morning and logged in into my account to check if I could install the kit and I was good to go. Probably because the equipment is the same, the sky router carried on working even if I was switched over but I just installed the NowTV branded now just in case. Phone was transferred without a glitch ( I'm paranoid and though I would lose the phone number or some kind of horror stories like that lol ).

I guess the first bill will be viewable by tomorrow and first payment later on this evening ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, you may notice fluctuations for the first 10 days and then it should settle at the best stable speed for your line.

Not sure regarding upgrading fibre, if you are on the no-contract then you can change/cancel mid-month but not sure what options they will give you for the 12-month contract option. I'm guessing they would be happy for you to upgrade but downgrading back again may be a different matter.

I'd suggest seeing how you get on for the first month then if you feel you would benefit from faster fibre ring them up on the number on your My Account> My Passes page 

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

and they can talk you through your options.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad your switchover went well! 

Your first payment will go through on your activation date (although being a Friday you might not notice it for a day or two) for the monthly fees in advance.

The only exception would be if you already had a NOW TV pass before you signed up, in which case the first bill will be combined together with the passes on whatever date the pass was due to be next paid (or if you have several types of pass, whenever the most expensive pass is next due) and will be a combination of backdated fees and the following months fees.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't have an existing pass so I'll probably see the first bill on Monday. What's strange is that I used to get 36mb and used to sync at 38.9 now it syncs at the full 39.99 and I easily get 38mb and ping is 6ms ....so well happy.

I guess the line will start training and it will stabilise to a lower speed.

If I wanted to go for the highest fibre speed when would be the best time to upgrade ? Next billing cycle ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, you may notice fluctuations for the first 10 days and then it should settle at the best stable speed for your line.

Not sure regarding upgrading fibre, if you are on the no-contract then you can change/cancel mid-month but not sure what options they will give you for the 12-month contract option. I'm guessing they would be happy for you to upgrade but downgrading back again may be a different matter.

I'd suggest seeing how you get on for the first month then if you feel you would benefit from faster fibre ring them up on the number on your My Account> My Passes page 

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

and they can talk you through your options.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the rep suggested to increase at a latter date, as I wouldn't be able to downgrade because of the 12 months contract. I'm also hopeful that I will get the combo discount next year on renewal if I were to 'shackle' myself for a further 12 months ?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Being a new venture we don't know what will happen after the first year, but if they are anything like Sky (and the other providers) there's always deals to be had when it gets to 'haggle-time'! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In checking if my bill was viewable today I spotted that in my packages section my entertainment pass is showing as cancelled although it was active until today, I emailed Customer service to see what they say. I can still access the pass on my boxes though. I'm just concerned that this cancellation glitch might cause problems with my billing or even worse get now TV to cancel the whole lot ?!?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Call me paranoid, but I thought it best to ring CS to have it sorted. They've reinstated my pass but had to do it as an extra so I will see a charge for it and then a credit, then on my next billing date everything should snap back to normal. They're looking into it as there was no reason for that unwanted cancellation so they're investigating the cause of the glitch.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I wouldn't say you were paranoid! Being a new venture for NOW TV there will be a few glitches in the system that they haven't anticipated as they get used to combining broadband with the existing streaming service, so it's good to keep a check on things for the first few months and report any problems. 

The CS helpline is the best way of notifying them of this as they deal exclusively with the combo product and calls are free to existing customers. Hopefully things will settle down after a bit, but keep us posted, it's interesting to read of your experience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Andy People talk about 10 day training period but not sure that applies to fibre.

I switched from adsl to fibre ( Plusnet) on 5th Jan and got max sync speed from outset and that's never changed.