cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple devices with monthly combo package

Hi,  I have sky tv at the minute, and also pay for now tv movies which we stream via PS4 and I pay for entertainment package also as my kids watch it from their xboxes in their rooms.

I'm almost up with my sky contract and thinking about going for the Now TV combo package with BB and line rental etc, my one question is, with the contracted monthly package, will we still be able to watch from 4 different devices at the same time, as we do now? 

So I could watch through the smart box provided and my kids can still use it as well?

And is there anyway round needing an external ariel (ours doesn't work and expensive to get a new one installed, hence why we went with sky!!)

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the nowtv Combo you shall be still governed by 4 number nowtv devices with 2 simultaneous streams on a single username account (same has you are currently on).

Once you cancel your Sky subscription you should be able to use your Sky box for the free to air channels, but you will loose the recording facility and the existing recordings on the Sky box.

You can use the new nowtv smart box without a TV aerial but you won't be able to watch the Freeview channels, everything else will work fine over the internet. 

If you are going to use both your old Sky box (free to air channels) and the nowtv smart box make sure that you have a spare HDMI port on your TV to accommodate the smart box (otherwise you may need a HDMI splitter box).

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I use mine with an internal aerial. What channels do you watch? Keep in mind that the 6 kids channels are on a separate pass to the entertainment pass which has 11 channels. Movies is another pass.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's an internet ariel?   Could I plug in the co-ax from my sky box and run it through my dish?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

They were referring to indoor aerials that can be used for Freeview if an external rooftop aerial isn't available.

You can't use the satellite feed from your Sky box in the NOW TV Smart Box as they are two completely different systems.

If you are going to use the NOW TV box in the same room as you have the Sky box then I wouldn't bother with the Freeview side of things myself, I'd just continue to use your Sky box to watch the free channels and then just use the NOW TV box for watching the catch-up apps and NOW TV. The user interface is much better on the Sky box than the NOW TV box - just bear in mind while you can carry on watching free channels on your Sky box after your contract ends, you won't be able to pause/record channels or watch any old recordings.

If however you definitely want to use the NOW TV Smart Box for watching Freeview and you don't want to install a rooftop aerial, the following website gives you some general advice on indoor aerials.

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/indoor-aerials/article/how-to-buy-the-best-indoor-aerial

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Not internet - internal/portable. You can buy them at Tesco Argos etc. No it won't work with the Sky cable.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.