cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turn off Roku 3

MIne never turns off without taking out the power out. The newer boxes are fine 

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Roku 3 doesn't have an option to turn off, it will drop into a low power mode when it's not being used for around 30 mins, and draws very little power even when streaming. It's designed this way so that it can update itself when not in use. Make sure you press the home button after you've finished using it so that it's not accidentally left streaming for any length of time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Assuming Roku 3 = Black NowTV box 

I'd also prefer that it turned itself off like the white box did

I'm quite happy to suffer the minor delay to perform an update when it next switches on

How many times a day/week/month are they expecting to update it, if they want it on all the time ? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Roku 3 and the white box should behave the same with regards screensaver and low power modes. Both are instant on devices when you press a button in the remote to wake it, they don't truly 'shut down'. If your Roku's light stays on all the time that's not normal behaviour.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok - maybe the white an black operate the same, some time since I had a white one 
currnet black one , the light does go off,  but screen saver still shows on tv, and box still quite warm to touch

I have a Minix Android box on same tv, works in similar way, but  completely cold to touch when in standby

Not a big issue, or a lot of electrcity either way