cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box - Signing in to Account

I purchased my Now TV Box (little Black one) complete with 2 month movie package on Wednesday. I was under the impresion all I had to do was hook this up to my TV and way we go. So after doing all it said ie create an account, email address/username and password. I tried to login using these details (which will allow me to log on to the internet site) but to no avail am I allowed to log into the NOW TV box. So when it still hadnt sorted itself by Thursday evening I contact an advisor who advised me to do this that and the other but no still couldb not get signed in. I was then advised the matter would be escalated to their Technical team and that they would contact me by email, and on asking how long this would take I was advised within 24hrs. So when said 24hrs were up I again contact an advisor to say that no one from the technical team has contacted me and when was this matter going to be sorted to be told that the tech team would contact me but she didnt know when and could not give me a time scale nor could she give me a managers name or contact telephone number as they were an internet service. I advised that as they were part of Sky and Sky could be contacted by phone it was a poor show that Now TV cant. Needless to say all I am left with after tonights "live chat" is same old same old our tech team will contact you by email.  My question to all you lovely Now TV users have any of you had same or similar problems if so how did you get round them ??????

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had mine for 4 months, still can't set it up as it tells me my user name & password are incorrect but i can sign in to the web page?? Not sure anyone on here is really bothered to help anyone but like most companies, they are happy to take your money. 

Very poor product & a poor service!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chunk166

I have only had mine for 3 days and am getting the same thing. Invalid account or problem with user name / password, but if they dont sort it out in the next few days it will be going back to the shop which it was purchased from for a full refund as not fit for purpose, but thanks for your reply.

Maybe someone else has had similar probs and has got it sorted and could maybe help out.

Thanks 

Deeff1e

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

When you log into your NOW TV account using a computer, when you click on 'My Account' and drop down to 'Payment Details' is all your personal and debit/credit card information present and correct?

Also,  do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that recent NOW TV 'app' updates have either broken or withdrawn support for some special characters on some playback devices...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Champion 4 

Thankls for replying to my comment. Yes when I log in to 'My Account on laptop all my personal details and payment details are all there and are correct. I have spoken to 3 customer service agents and there are no special characters (@?& etc) in my username or password and all they could say was we will escalate matter to our tech team and they will email me, however agents are unable to give any time frame at all for this happening. 3 days later I still cant sign in to my NOW TV box and surprise surprise no email from Tech Team.

Thank

Deeff1e 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Some more questions @Anonymous User

• Are you based within the UK or in Eire?
  • Who's your ISP
  • Are you using a VPN

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Champion 4

I am based in Scotland

My ISP is Vodafone - Fibre Optic Broadband

Not using a VPN

Regards

Deef1e

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I sure you have done this already, but need to ask the question anyway just in case.

Have you tried a full factory hard reset on the box, by holding a pin in the reset hole on the back of the box until the TV screen goes back to the initial setup welcome menu ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Yes the box has been fully reset 3-4 times no to no avail unfortunately.

Regards

Deeff1e

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

OK, this is a long shot but there is no harm in trying for the sake of 5 minutes of your time.

Could you switch off both your TV and box and swap the HDMI cable to a different HDMI port on your TV (hopefully your TV has more than one HDMI port).

I know this sounds irrelevant, but it's worth a go.