cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveS7
Advocate

"Too many devices" though no other devices on, tried fixes.

Hi, stick showing "too many devices". We only have two devices and I turned the other one off. Have re-started the router, did a factory re-set of the stick as well as powering off and on and no change. I can still watch on the other box, just not the stick. Anything else I can try? Thanks, dave.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DaveS7 

How did you exit the stream on the stick? Did you just hit the home button? 
As this won’t officially “kill” stream that you’re watching. If you don’t exit the stream cleanly it can take up to 10 minutes for you to be able to watch on another device.

Sounds like there could be a random glitch on your account. If I were you speak to staff and ask for the stick to be completely removed from your device list. So it forces a clear start on the stick.

To speak with staff you need to go to live chat which can be accessed by clicking “chat online” within the green box. Don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
DaveS7
Advocate

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.

DaveS7
Advocate

Live chat reset the devices and it's working at the moment. I don't know how to exit the stream cleanly apart from going back to the home screen. I don't think we've done anything different to usual to produce this problem. The agent said to sign out each time, which we've never needed to do over the last few years since getting the stick as well as the box. Perhaps give it more time between watching and turning the stick off.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DaveS7 

Are you pressing the home button on the remote or the back button until you get to the home page?

If it’s the former then that’s not the clean exit. 

The agent informing you of signing out of your device is totally wrong and I would not suggest doing that. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
DaveS7
Advocate

I think we use the back button. I also decided to wait until the stick auto powers off after watching instead of turning it off. I thought that might be safer. But I don't know.

RoyB
Legend

@DaveS7 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Device-changing/m-p/600977/highlight/true#M9135

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.