cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorna22
Advocate

Why is now asking me for entertainment membership to watch programmes when I already have it

I'm trying to watch now TV and everytime I click to watch a programme it's asking for entertainment membership but I already have it. When I go into settings it's shows my membership etc. I've tried signing out and back in but it still won't work....

And now I'm getting we nlknoq you ah e membership message hp back and you can watch and it's still not working.

HELP...

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lorna22 

Do you have mobile internet data on your phone ?

If so has a temporary test use your mobile phone has a Wi-Fi hotspot with the NOW Stick to bypass your home Router.

Should it work, then the next thing I would try is to unplug the power to your Router for around 30minutes to automatically acquire a new Router IP address.

Where sometimes a dodgy Router IP address will flag up you don't have an active TV NOW Membership.

Also I am assuming your bank card on the NOW system is up to date.

Lorna22
Advocate

Hey sorry I am actually using now app on fire stick, I just couldn't find another topic option.

My details are all up to date, I've even checked my Amazon subscriptions. Tried using the app on my phone. Crazy thing is view is working on now app as is boost but the entertainment package keeps claiming I'm not subscribed and when I try to purchase it tells me I already have it and hp back... My apps up to date too...

I'm at a loss...

Lorna22
Advocate

Thank you I'll try the hotspot and turning off my mifi. 

Just confused how this could affect the now app if it's working with boost and cinema....so annoying.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lorna22 

If the Cinema Membership is working on your Fire Stick then don't bother with the wi-fi hotspot through your phone.

Did the Entertainment and Cinema Membership work on the NOW App on your phone instead of the Fire Stick on the same NOW account ?

If so, then i have no idea why the Entertainment Membership won't play on your Fire Stick, but your Cinema Membership does without a problem.

I am assuming you have tried removing the NOW App on the Fire Stick and downloading a fresh version of the App from the Fire Stick Apps Store and once downloaded power down the Fire Stick for a minute or two, then power up the Fire Stick and login to the NOW App on your Stick with your correct sign in account details.

Is your NOW Memberships paid directly to NOW or via your Amazon account?

Where maybe contact them for further assistance and help on this matter which is a bit of a head scratcher, especially if Cinema is working and Entertainment is not on the same account, when trying to watch everything on the Entertainment section of the App it's asking you to buy an Entertainment Membership.

Lorna22
Advocate

Thanks. I tried reinstalling the app and it's still not working.

It won't work on my phone either, but still shows as my boost and cinema membership active. It's absolutely a joke because the help section has nowhere etp direct me just keeps sending me to different pages....

I've now missed about a week of membership and can't even speak to someone to get help.

Thank you for your help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lorna22 

Best bet to jump over to NOW live chat and see if they can assist and help you further.

Click on the green chat online button from this link page below (don't click on the get help quicker button which is just an auto bot).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint