cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound but blank screen

I have just set up my NOW TV Stick this evening. Everything was fine until I switched the source on my Bush TV from HDMI3 (where the NOW TV stick is connected) to HDMI1 (Freesat). When I switched back to HDMI3, I had sound but a completely black screen. 

I powered down the NOW TV stick by unplugging the power lead. This seeemed to work, however, when I tried to access the TV Guide etc, the screen was unresponsive. I eventually got it to work by using the voice command on the remote control to search for something and then going back to the TV guide.

But every time I change the source on my TV, the same thing happens and i get sound but no picture. I have done a factory reset too but still get the same problem.

I tried to plug the NOW TV stick into another HDMI port, but this isn't possible due to the design of the TV (I can only plug into the HDMI port on the side of the set as the stuck is too long to plus into the ports at the back of the set)

Does anyone have any Idea what is causing this?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds like there is a HDMI conflict between the stick and your Bush TV when changing HDMI input source.

Have you got a second TV, just to temporary check if the same symptoms happens with the stick on another TV ?

If you get the stick working on another TV, then maybe on the stick display settings change to 720p and then re plug into your Bush TV to see if the same results happen.

If still no luck, then have a play with the HDMI CEC settings on the Bush TV and maybe see if you have a HDMI extension fly lead lying around the house and try the stick with a different port on your Bush TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go over the weekend. 

I appreciate your help.

Kindest regards

Seaneo