cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV as a gift

I have bought a now TV stick with a 12 month pass as a gift for someone.

I've received the package, I assume preloaded, but I'm not sure what a tivation details the recipient will need.

Can anyone advise me because NowTV chat has blocked me!! so I can't ask them directly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are giving both the stick together with the 12 month pre loaded pass on the stick to somebody has a present, then all you need to do is pass on the stick to them.

Once the person who is receiving gift is ready, they just need to setup and activate the stick on their television using their nowtv account details.

Just bear in mind the person has a maximum of 12 months to redeem the 12 month voucher pre loaded on the stick on their account from date of purchase of the stick until the voucher would become invalid. 

Any questions don't hesitate to ask on here.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are giving both the stick together with the 12 month pre loaded pass on the stick to somebody has a present, then all you need to do is pass on the stick to them.

Once the person who is receiving gift is ready, they just need to setup and activate the stick on their television using their nowtv account details.

Just bear in mind the person has a maximum of 12 months to redeem the 12 month voucher pre loaded on the stick on their account from date of purchase of the stick until the voucher would become invalid. 

Any questions don't hesitate to ask on here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They dont have a now TV account so will they use whatever I used to buy the device?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the other person who is receiving the gift is not going to setup their own nowtv account.

Then if you trust the person fully, you could setup the stick using your existing nowtv account details.

Beware mind that you would have to manage this new stick on your account and will need to keep an eye on it with regards to future passes purchased via this stick where your bank card is on the nowtv data base linked to the stick.

Also the new stick would need to be one of your four devices on your nowtv account.

Would recommend that you add a payment pin to your account by going to My Account > Settings & Pin's on here to stop people buying passes via the new stick on your account.

Also if the other person is not going to use the nowtv service on your account after the 12 month voucher pass is finished that you cancel the 12 month pass before the next schedule due date in a years time when you redeem the 12 month pass.

Also if you are going to share / use your existing nowtv account then be aware of the maximum 2 streams at the same time, so if the other person who has the new stick is watching something on nowtv, you will only be able to watch one more nowtv stream on your devices at the same time. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just for clarification, do you use the nowtv service yourself for watching NowTV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

No, I don't. 

I have literally seen a deal on the now TV website and bought a stick with a 12 month pass to give as a gift to someone. The only thing in the package was the stick so I'm not sure where the activation/voucher code is either.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have a word with live chat on the link on my previous post and explain to them that the Black Friday deal on their website was going to be a gift where the person receiving the gift wasn't going to setup a nowtv account with their bank card details.

You may be better off sending the stick back and ask for a refund.

When you go to My Account > Bills & Payments on here, i would have thought it would show the stick with the pre loaded bundled 12 month voucher. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Thank you so much for your time. 

The live chat is still blocked so I've ended up sending an email.

It's only the activation code i now really need to know as I'm ok with my account being used.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are happy to use your account and the person receiving the stick on your account is trust worthy.

Then this is what I would do.

Firstly setup the new stick on your own television and follow the instructions on your TV.

When asked to go to nowtv.com/tv with your PC or Mobile Internet browser sign In with your nowtv account.

Then once the stick is activated and ready to start, go to My Account on here and under the Passes & Voucher section towards the top of the screen you should see a message " Vouchers Waiting For You" with a green link below it saying view vouchers.

Click on the green link and hopefully it will show your 12 month voucher pass saved & ready to redeem (don't redeem the voucher just yet).

Then when you are ready give the nowtv stick to the person who is receiving the gift.

Once they are ready to start the 12 month voucher, they will need to tell you.

Then go into My Account > Passes & Vouchers and redeem the 12 month voucher to start using the pass.

Like i mentioned previously, once you setup the stick, go to My Account > Settings & Pins and add a payment pin to your account (don't tell nobody your pin number).

Also once the 12 month voucher has started, before it finishes in 12 months time it is important that you cancel the pass (don't worry if you cancel early, where you will still get the full duration of the voucher pass).

If you dont cancel the pass it will keep auto renewing each month until you cancel.

When you cancel the pass, make sure you follow the step by step on screen instructions until you see the cancelled message next to the pass under My Account > Passes & Vouchers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @schnapps@

This is so not straightforward. I don't have an account except what I used to by the stick and pass. 

Can the person I've bought it for register with NowTV without having to buy anything else?