cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv stick is broke

My now tv stick keeps saying there’s insufficient t power and that it’s overheating would I be able to get a replacement?  It’s only a couple month old it’s been doing it for days now and now it’s just completely not working!

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using the mains power adapter that came with the stick ?

Have you tried another HDMI port with your television (a out facing port may work better than a port tucked near the back casing of the television) ?

Also to improve heat dissipation from the stick, see if a hdmi extender fly lead helps.

To change the stick under warranty you will need to get in touch with the Retailer that you bought the stick from.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep I’ve tried all hdmi ports and yes I’m using the power pack that came with the stick  and it’s just keep cutting off and saying insufficient power and then so

etimes it flashes up that it is overheating it was fine at first it’s only started doing it the past week 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try a factory reset on the stick by holding in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds whilst the television and stick is switched on.

Should the problem persist and has a matter of safety if the stick overheat message appears then get the stick replaced under warranty from the retailer or shop you bought it from.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I got it off the internet from now tv it’s self I’ll try that thankyou
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that's the case then get in touch with nowtv live chat where they should be able to assist you further.

do you need a link for live chat ?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do I do that please?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This linked article will explain how to return your faulty stick back to nowtv (make sure you have the serial number to hand when you contact them).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories 

Use this quick link below to reach live chat, where if you click on the small blue arrow directly underneath How to Get in Touch it should bring up a live chat button to click on.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/orders-returns/i-want-to-return-a-device