cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finbar
Mentor

How can I download the paramount + app on my nowtv stick?

hi 

how do I download the paramount + app on the now stick?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Finbar 

You can't, where the Paramount Plus App is not available on NOW branded devices.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Finbar 

You can't, where the Paramount Plus App is not available on NOW branded devices.

Finbar
Mentor

Thank you, I don’t understand how NOW TV are giving away 6 months free if you can’t download it.

oh well I will stop trying now

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Finbar 

Because it's a universal offer and not aimed at anyone with specific devices. It is a good offer and if I am honest the NOW stick is veery poor compared to Roku and Amazon, which are very cheap. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Finbar 

Here's a screen shot taken from the NOW article about the Paramount + offer, with the FAQ what devices you can watch on.

The Roku on the list is a full blown Roku player and not the NOW branded devices.

Screenshot_2023-08-22-22-16-55.png

Finbar
Mentor

Thanks everyone 

I am now looking at getting a Amazon firestick, any recommendations?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Finbar 

An Amazon Fire Stick should be fine.

On the NOW Community Forum, you find some members prefer an Amazon Fire Stick and some prefer a Roku player.

I own both and really haven't got a preferred favourite where they both great TV streamers for me.

I have cancelled my NOW Cinema Membership this week and the Cinema Membership has now expired, on the hope of getting this 6 months Paramount + offer (so far nothing for me with regards to Paramount + 😫).

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Ouch bud for the cinema cancellation. Really hope it wasn't a limited time offer 😐

@Finbar 

Same as @schnapps where I have owned an Amazon Fire stick and Roku stick. Both are very good for different reasons. 

Amazon fire sticks allow you to connect via Ethernet through an adapter. However the UI for the fire stick is awful, far too cluttered. 

Roku stick has a much easier UI and all the apps on the homepage unlike Amazon. 

For me I have entered the Apple TV neighbourhood since I have an iPhone and iPad. Even though it's very expensive it is by far the fastest device I have ever owned and much like Roku a nice clean UI with the apps on the homepage. 

More importantly for me the use of VPNs are coming to Apple TV, whereas Roku you can't and Amazon you can. 

It will certainly be down to personal preference. One thing I could say is the homage of Roku will be very similar to the NOW devices. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help