cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to go through setup all the time

I use my new tv stick every couple of days but every time I try and use it it makes me reconnect to the WiFi and go through the entire setup process again (which can be hit and miss). Surely there’s something I can set where it remebers my details and just lanuchrs straight into now tv. 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I use my new tv stick every couple of days but every time I try and use it it makes me reconnect to the WiFi and go through the entire setup process again (which can be hit and miss). Surely there’s something I can set where it remembers my details and just launches straight into now tv. 

Remembering its configuration is how it should be, and it’s how my Stick works, even though it gets powered off every time I put the TV in standby,

My Stick lives in an HDMI input in my TV, and is powered from a USB socket on my TV. The USB sockets on this TV lose power, by design, when the TV is put into standby, so every time I turn the TV on, the stick has to restart from zero power.

So it takes a little longer to start up than if I left it powered all the time;  but it still manages to remember how it is configured, even so, and does not need any details reinputting.

So there may be something wrong with your stick, such that it is not holding its configuration - I presume it isn’t just the WiFi you have to reconnect to, but you have to give all your account details as well each time? (Or is it just the WiFi details?)

You could try powering your stick from an always-on USB mains adaptor, if you have one handy, and see if that helps it remember its configuration.

But this shouldn’t be necessary; so I think you need to get onto Chat, found via Help, and see if they can tell you if you are doing anything wrong (though I can’t imagine what), or if you need your stick replaced with a properly working one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.