cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problems with smart box getting no sigial

Hi i bought my smart now tv box sunday set it up yesterday as it said you needed the ariel for the freeview channels asi wanted all the channels but i have had nothing but problems with it it keeps coming up with no siginal it was fine yesterday morning when i set it up then i had no signal in the evening then i had an signal earlier on this afternoon then its gone again i have re done the internet connection on it as it said no internet connection and still no tv channels when i did an search has anyone else had this problem with thier smart  boxes so annoying the smaller one seems to work better i didnt have all these problems with it can someone help me please i have even moved the ariel several times help regards marion 

10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Marion

I have only ever heard of the NowTV smart box loosing it's freeview signals if it is placed on or near a strong electrical source, e.g. a microwave oven.

So silly question time, have you placed your smart box next to or on electrical equipment?

If you have, your problem will be solved by moving the box as far away from the electrical equipment as possible.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User mine drops out at times depending on the weather and what is on in neighbours. (Terrace block).
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have purchased a now tv smart box and connected it all up as your meant to but i am unable to tune in the freeview channels. i know there is no problem with the ariel and no problem with the cable as i have tested them. but i am still unable to recieve freeview channels. any ideas????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem! It's so frusrating, haven't been able to get free-to-air channels since Saturday. The whole point of buying the box was that you didn't need to connect your TV to an aerial socket and the box would run through your broadband. I've looked through the Help section on the website but there's no answers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You need to connect the box to an aerial to receive Freeview channels. The broadband connection is for the interactive services

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As @Anonymous User has already mentioned, in order to receive the 'Freeview' television channels you need to connect a TV aerial to your 'smart' box. Which is stated on the boxes outer packaging.

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User silly question but have you been to the menu option add TV channels?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I have a couple of times. Each time new channels are added or disappear. I live in a block of flats and I wonder if someone has been messing with the main aerial, going to contact the building manager.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User how high up are you? Might be worth trying an indoor aerial. You need to find out your nearest transmitter and if that is viable.