cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

i have exactly the same problem on a Samsug, rang tech help and still awaiting a response. I'm convinced it's the box or update.

when my kit arrived it was 3 days before my broadband was installed. I thought I'd try and get the free to ai channels not thinking it would need a connection.

why am I telling you this? Because the menu appeared stable and sound but I could not watch tc as the boot up of the NowTV Smart box insisted on getting the firmware update. But the menu/instructions/Now TV splash screen were all stable.

A few days later my broadband was connected the menu etc was stable on first boot up but as soon as the software update was installed. Wobbles everywhere, from splash screen to menu to programmes. This is definitely in my view an incompatibility of the firmware/box combo and Samsung. I would bet it's a screen refresh/frequency issue.

any help please my tv is now unwatchable and I have no idea how or if it will be fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As advised by Now Tv team, Sky are aware of the issue and looking into it with their technicians and roku. As I stated in my previous post also it is an issue with the recent update. Im sure we will get an update about whats happening once they work out what the issue is.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perhaps someone ought to tell tech support on the phone! I rang today explained the issue and referred to the community thread. I like you expect it is firmware and/frequency/refresh rate or something. The solution they opted for is to send a new box. I don't hold much hope out. On the basis as soon as it installs it will insist on getting the latest update. I have to assume a patch will come down the wire soon. But tbh I've stopped looking at the tv altogether.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Would it be possible to give me the model number of your TV so I can also pass this onto the tech guy's who are looking at this issue ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had an update on this issue :

Roku ( who make our boxes) have replicated this issue and identified the root cause.

They are currently doing further integration tests on a fix before it is released.

Once I hear more I will update you 

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

just to confirm Now sent me a replacement which just arrived. I guess before the issue was identified properly.

On install the screen was rock steady and clear right up to the point the software update was installed and the box rebooted.

ADid tonal proof if any were needed that the software release has caused the issue and the previous firmware was compatible with my Samsung TV.

any idea how long it will be before we can expect a fix so I can actually use my TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

No further update since my post last week im afraid.

As soon as I hear more I will update you all.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy

Seems the smart Now TV box should be sold with an adviserory about this issue considering i've just bought one today and am experiencing the same problems which you've seemed to know about for a while at least until you've fix it otherwise its just a waste of money like mine is!

Regards Tom

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Seems the smart Now TV box should be sold with an adviserory about this issue considering i've just bought one today and am experiencing the same problems which you've seemed to know about for a while at least until you've fix it otherwise its just a waste of money like mine is!

Hi @Anonymous User,

It would help if you told us the make and model number of your television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly my experience. TV was fine until the software update (I'm using a Samsung US TV that clearly doesn't support 60hz!) 

My older TV seems to support both and is fine after the sw update.