cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart Box Network issues

I have a Nowtv smart box and have to say it’s the worst piece of hardware I’ve had the misfortune of using, I’ve had the box for approx 6 months, it’s crashed more times than I can count, I’ve had to factory reset it 3 times, it stopped responding to the remote and then yesterday the wired lan connection failed constantly disconnecting and connecting, contacted support who told me that the nowtv box doesn’t support lan connections!! and only works wirelessly, I had to swap it over to wireless and the quality has been pixelated and unwatchable. I am now watching nowtv on the app on my tv and the smart box is a paper weight useless.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing has happened to my smart box this morning im currently having to watch my shows via casting from my phone the smart box has become unusable only had it since August last year.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Starman1968, must be a bad batch I also bought mine in August, do you have the receipt? I was told mine was still in warranty and could be replaced where I purchased it, I’ve moved since then and lost the receipt.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What software are your boxes on how there was a update few days ago so try update it may fix issues
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got it in the sale frm John Lewis back then ive shredded the delivery note as I'm watching fine via chromecast frm my phone I won't be wasting any more cash on now tv hardware mate.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lone wolf I tried the update last night and still the same issues.

Star man don’t blame you I won’t be wasting anymore more money either 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know how to do a forced software update?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah in the settings under system the update option is there