cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box keeps skipping back

The last few days when we are watching channel 5 on smart boxit randomly jumps back about 20 mins to parts we have already seen and have to fast forward to catch up. It happens on other channels but not as much. Brought a new smart box as we thought it could be that but happening on tge new one. Anyine k ow what it could be
181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine started doing this tonite. Also error code 103.. Whats going on...????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is getting ridiculous now, why is this taking so long to get fixed NOWTV? I'm at the point now of looking for other providers (although not Sky as they are the sister company!) as it is so frustrating when it keeps jumping back. Can NOWTV advise what compensation it will be giving its many customers who are unhappy with the service provided?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also - just seen on your home page it says "our NOWTV boxes are so clever"........ Hmmmm
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't have this problem until this week when I updated the firmware on the Now TV box to the latest version (

I'm finding that on all channels after continuing watching (following a pause) the cached video will randomly jump back to a point that was watched say 20 minutes previously. Also, if something has been paused and continued watching, if say I then try to fast forward through an ad break it starts the fast forward from a point that has already been watched so then fast forward is then passing all the video already seen before it gets to the ad break.

I've found that this doesn't happen on short term pauses (couple of minutes) but does happen for something that has been paused for say 20 minutes. I believe this is an issue with the software that needs to be resolved by a Now TV software update.

Box Details:
Model = 4500SK

Software Version = 7.7.3 Build 4135-16

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box keeps skipping back 29 mins, whenever Ive been watching a show for a while, normally when I have paused TV for a few moments, but has also happened when watching Freeview channels live. Its getting really irritating. Its probably a software issue that has arisen since last software update, hopefully NowTV will sort out this issue swiftly, and release another software update.

Box Details (same as above):
Model = 4500SK

Software Version = 7.7.3 Build 4135-16

Last updated 17/01/2018

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad someone else posted the software version here.. this is definately a software bug in the latest release.

@ NowTV what is being done about this issue? When can we expect a resolution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NowTV have acknowledged this is an issue with their software - but the best they are giving on a resolution is "soon". They have been asked numerous times to put some sort of measure on that (hours, days, weeks, months...) but they havent had the courtesy to respond. In fact they seem to have completely stopped responding to this issue 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happening to me too! Has there been any suggestions of a solution?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently looking for new suppliers for my TV and broadband. NowTv have had more than enough time but continue to say "soon" and not communicate further. It's a joke. Don't waste any more of your time. Just go elsewhere if they can't even be bothered to fix an issue that has been going on for months. Poor service indeed.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We'd like to apologise for the issues you've encountered when viewing Freeview channels on our NOW TV Smart Box. Our technical teams have identified the cause and a fix for this issue. (included in a newer firmware release)

Currently, with the way we release Firmware updates this has been scheduled for some time in March, however we may be able to get you on the new release early!

In order for us to do this please leave a comment with your NOW TV Box Serial No and Device ID to find this info please please go to Settings > System > About. We’ll try and get the firmware added shortly for you. Once it’s done we’ll let you know.

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team