cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Networks Found

Help!  We have been watching a few programmes today via catch-up on our Smart Box with no problem.  Suddenly, mid-programme this evening our stream stopped with 'no network connection'.  The Amazon Firestick which is plugged into the same tv *is* getting a connection, as are the phones and tablets in our home.  I've re-started our smart box, didn't help.  I've reset it, nothing.  I've been into my router settings and I'm still getting 'no networks found' (not even next doors, which always pops up!).  Please can someone tell me how to get my box connected back to the internet.  Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So all your other WiFi devices around the house are still working from your network router ?

When you say that you reset the smart box, was that going into the smart box menu settings and selecting factory reset (where you had to setup the box again from scratch including your WiFi password and nowtv account details) ?

If that doesn't work have you tried re booting your router even though your other WiFi devices are working.

Out of curisoity who is your ISP ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps,

I reset the box by going into settings, then selecting factory reset. The box asked me to enter a 4-digit pin which it provided, and then selected ok. I am now looking at a 'Let's get started' screen, as I still can't get onto the wi-fi to be able to sign back in again!  I'm with BT, using a Belkin router.  No, I've not tried rebooting my router for fear of losing all the other connections in the house too!!

Thanks again!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Re booting the power on your Router shouldn't effect your other devices in the house.

If still no luck with the smart box over WiFi, would it be praticaly possible to run an Ethernet cable between the smart box and router ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say after the factory reset you see the "Let's get started" message on screen I assumed you then pressed the right directional arrow or OK button on the remote controller where from memory it then asks you to pick a wireless or wired option on screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

I'll try rebooting the router...  fingers crossed.  Unfortunately I'm directly above the router so no way of getting a via ethernet unless we drill a hole in the ceiling (don't think our landlord will be happy with that!) Just FYI, the firestick which is plugged into the same TV is getting an excellent signal.  I'm really baffled bt this as we were literally 1/2 way through watching a show! Yes, you're correct in thinking that the screen after the 'lets get started' is the one where we choose wired or wireless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @schnapps

So, I rebooted the router. No joy 😞  Thankfully everything else has reconnected, but this NOW TV box is just being a stubborn pain in the ######, and refusing to co-operate!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Try the steps in this help guide to see if the smart box will connect to your WiFi network.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello again @schnapps. Apologies for the delay in coming back - just got home from work. Ok, so have tried the suggested steps and disabled pings and STILL nothing. Honestly tearing my hair out now! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To be honest i have run out of ideas Smiley Sad

There is always the possibility that the inbuilt wifi antenna on the smart box has developed a fault, it's a shame you can't test the smart box on a family members or friends home network to see if it works over wifi on a different router Smiley Sad

Hopefully other helpful forum members on here will offer you further things that you can try.

Good luck.