cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit

Im really disappointed. I have recently purchased a 6 month entertainment pass along with a 2 month movie pass. I used an old nowtv account I had set up previously and removed all my old unused devices along with selecting my new now tv box as a device. It will not let me select any other device to watch on until after september 1st! My daughter wants to use my account on her ipad but she cant! Im so annoyed! Wish I hadnt bothered buying it now. 

67 REPLIES 67
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Don't panic!!!! I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your requirements to them... They're usually pretty quick at resolving such things 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a quick comment I had several old now boxes but with poor wifi ,old building engineering brick etc and grabbed the new ethernet boxes as soon as they were available asked re this before buying as didnt want to have to change one at a time and was told contact when ready did so and they were both understanding and helpful

stammie1609
Expert

This is one of the things that makes me hesitate recommending Now TV to people.

I can understand the 4 device limit but the one change a month rule comes out of The Ark and firmly shows Now TV's old school pay TV attitude to its customers.

To give an example I bought one of these new smart boxes last week, I was so impressed with it I bought another to go into a second room, but because I had already made one change to my device list this month I had to go cap in hand on the imho well hidden live chat to be allowed to set up the second new box, I can't remember the exact wording but after 20 or so minutes I got a condescending message along the lines of "You're very lucky, just this one time my manager has let me make an exception for you and allowed me to let you make another change"!

Most people I know would have given up at not being able to set up the new box and taken it back to the store for a refund let alone gone through the rigmarole of finding the live chat service on the website.

I should have been allowed to add and remove as many devices I wanted to as long as I didn't exceed the 4 device limit in order to find out which works the best rather than just being able to make one change then having to wait up to a month to make another change, as I said most people I know would give up on it when they experience a problem rather than jump through the unnecessary hoops presented to customers at the moment.

If Sky really wants to compete in the online space with the likes of Amazon and Netflix they need to make it much easier for the ordinary Joe to use the service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@stammie1609 wrote:

This is one of the things that makes me hesitate recommending Now TV to people.

I can understand the 4 device limit but the one change a month rule comes out of The Ark and firmly shows Now TV's old school pay TV attitude to its customers.

I should have been allowed to add and remove as many devices I wanted to as long as I didn't exceed the 4 device limit in order to find out which works the best rather than just being able to make one change then having to wait up to a month to make another change.

I totally agree.  I can live with just four devices, but there have been occasions when I need to change them.  Examples, getting new black boxes, upgrades to operating systems, PCs crashing and burning. And these don't happen conveniently between the first and last of each month.  Also when I let my now subscription lapse because there is nothing on, when I return after three months, I can only swap out one device, despite not using any for three months.  Surely each device should be permitted to change in a month. 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just a quick comment I had several old now boxes but with poor wifi ,old building engineering brick etc and grabbed the new ethernet boxes as soon as they were available asked re this before buying as didnt want to have to change one at a time and was told contact when ready did so and they were both understanding and helpful

Nice to hear 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have come back to NOW Tv after a break of a year or so, as the new black box has ethernet connectivity.

Problem is none of the previous devices now work, get error "max number of devices has been reached"

12 Months ago had two white boxes and an xbox, working. Since installing black box that is the only device that works.... how so?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are seeing your maximum device limit has been reached, then i would suggest that you contact live chat to see if they can reset / free up some device slots for you.

Click on link below to contact live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, got the slots reset, all sorted via live chat and a very helpful guy!Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there .. i bought a box and its saying i cant watch it due to the fact i have other devices in use and cant change until a new month .. with its being the actul box i would have thougt it would be the main thing and wouldnt have neede to wait to make it a device if that makes sence 

thanks in advance Gary 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  all boxes count as devices.  If you want to be able to use it you need to decide which device no longer to use.  Remove that and add it.  It may be worth going on chat so they can help you get it added sooner than October. please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.