cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you record shows that are on in the future?

I wanna watch WWE Raw! At Midnight GMT and I wanna watch it the next day as it is on late, can I record shows? i have no box, just a sports subscription

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately there is no recording facility on the smart box, however the smart box does have a live pause feature where you can pause live TV (up to 30 minutes which is dependent on the channel resolution ie SD will have more buffer capacity than a HD stream).

However in your example, the live pause feature of the smart box would be no use to you to watch the live shows the next day.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi YT

Technically and legally there is no way you can record anything from a Now TV box, the only box that can do this is the Sky box being currently advertised, they claim you can record four programs while watching a fifth.

Unless someone knows better then the answer to your question is "No".

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So there is no way I can save that show and watch when I wake up the next morning?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately No with any NowTV device which includes the NowTV smart box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What about the "my tv" feature?

ukbobboy
Legend

YT

You cannot record anything, there are no recording facilities on any of the Now TV boxes.

Just accept it and move on.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Just accept it and move on" How rude! I am only asking, I am making sure I haven't missed anything, You are nice aren't you!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The My TV feature does not relate to the live channels (including sports) , have a read of this article linked below which explains more about the My TV on the nowtv service.

There is no way that you can record the Wrestling on the Sky Sports channels with a nowtv smart box, your option is either watch it live or alternatively hope that Sky re shows the event on a repeat broadcast in the week. 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/My-TV-and-watchlists

ukbobboy
Legend

YT

I'm sorry that you have seen my reply as rude, that was not my intention, but you have to understand that if there was any way anyone could record from any of the Now TV boxes we would tell you.

The boxes were designed to deliver a restricted amount of audio visual content, and with very little flexibility to do anything else. So primarily, with these boxes, what you see is what you get, there is a way you can squeeze a little more out of them, if they become part of a home media network system, but recording is currently not possible with these Now TV boxes. 

UK Bob