cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

signing in process is ridiculous

Judging by the comments on here I am not the only one to experience this problem but I can't see a solution to it. bought a now tv box with ents pass connected to tv - all going well told to go to website to sign up did so. "You've already created a Sky iD with this email address" No I haven't - never had anythign to do with sky before try again - same response read message boards try signing in again with work email address "You've already created a Sky iD with this email address" No, no I haven't, Now TV. become increasingly frustrated writes this message **help**
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

I know you are adamant that you haven't got a Sky ID but try going to 

http://www.sky.com/help/articles/forgotten-username-or-password

and selecting the option to retrieve your username. If you are successfully able to do this, you can then use the same page to reset your password, and then follow the steps in this help article to set up your NOW TV account.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Existing-Sky-iD

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, thank you for your help. Having gone round and round in circles last night, I have followed your advice and been successful! Thanks again, jo 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues getting started.

Have you been able to try the steps given by @Andy?

Can you let us know if this has fixed the problem for you?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arghhhh..... Trying to sign up to entertainment. Has to be the stupidest system ever and even worse there's now way of emailing or contacting except this forum.

have a pass valid for one month, go to sign up,to be told payment declined.... Hang on a mo it clearly says the card won't be charged until the pass has run out after which it will be charged at £6.99 a month. So why is it trying to take payment. 

Maybe be someone from NOW to can actually give me an email address or phone number to contact or I won't bother signing up any further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User although you won't be charged until the month is over, to prove that your card is valid, that you live in the UK are are over 18 a charge of 10p is requested (but not kept). If the card doesn't have any balance this will fail.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks for that info..... That may explain it although there should be something that actually says that.

In addition the account we are using is an old sky ID in my wife's name as it wouldn't allow me to register in my name with the same email address.

How do we change the details on the account. If not then how can I make up my own account with the one month pass details I have already entered on her account.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User changes to the name need to be done on the Sky website which manages the SkyIDs

https://secure.sky.com/mydetails