cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sideload multiple applications - USB player and Plex

Hi,

via the developer mode, it appears I can only sideload a single appliaction, is it possible to install 2 ??

I would like to have BOTH PlexClassic and the USB player app, however on the web interface there only appears to be an option to instal one app and then if I want the second app, my ONLY option is "replace" not Install.

Any help greatly recieved, not sure if this is a limitation or something I am missing (hopefully the later)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you are only able to sideload one app.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you are only able to sideload one app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

thank you and yes that has been my experience thus far, shame but I will just leave PlexClassic on there as this is what I mostly wanted for my second TV.

It would have been good to also have a USB Player and TVplayer installed (no TV aerail available in the second room) at the same time, but I suppose for the 60seconds it takes to boot my laptop and sideload the required app, its not that bad.

Hopefully I can help others as I start to play with it some more.

Thanx again

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're probably already aware, but just in case, you may also be interested in the Roku boxes (the fully functioning versions that the NOW TV box is modified from) as they have a media player (for network and USB files) and the Plex app available without the need to sideload, as well as the full range of Roku apps including Netflix and Amazon Video. A TVPlayer app is also in development. They are more expensive than the NOW TV boxes but they do come down a bit during promotions and Black Friday sales

Anyway, enjoy your box!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi having just received my new Now TV Smart Box (black) how do I get the USB to work?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately USB functionality on the box is disabled and can't be used with USB drives.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I would like to have BOTH PlexClassic and the USB player app, however on the web interface there only appears to be an option to instal one app and then if I want the second app, my ONLY option is "replace" not Install.

I have a Fire TV stick as well for plex and TV Player and netflix and amazon.  Oh and a chromecast for google play.   Even the Roku sticks won't give you everything, but given the new stick could retail at less than £20 when it arrives in the UK, it is a viable option to replace them all.