cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tv turning on and off

Anyone had a problem with there now tv box turning the tv off every couple of minutes

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

I’ve not seen this, but the button at the top of the remote can control the TV, so I wonder if this is sticking, or the remote is malfunctioning?

Try taking the remote out of range, into another room or something; or to be absolutely certain, remove its batteries for a bit.

If the TV returns to normal, look closely at the button on the remote, make sure there’s no gorilla snot round the sides of it sticking it down, maybe reset it (anyone know how?) or even replace it, if it continues to misbehave.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @RoyB 

Hi David

I've seen this problem on both the old white Now TV box and on a Roku Box, and I've concluded that this happens when the box you are using has developed a fault.

This fault, as far as I'm aware, is irreparable and cannot be fixed by anything a user can do, so you are left with three options:

a) If the device is within the 12 month guarantee period then get it changed for a new one.

b) Outside of the 12 month guarantee period then, in order to get it to behave, switch it off from the mains when not in use.  And only switch it on when you want to use it for a few hours.

c) Buy a new one.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob