cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrestrial Tv

Hi, I finally got round to setting up my box (after the free trial!) and I am still learning but I cannot seem to get the 'regular' tv channels any more, like BBC1, 2, ITV, CH4 etc.... the box is running through HDM1, where the regular tv used to be, but I cannot find any of the TV channels any more. I think the TV has a digi box built in as I could previously get quite a few channels, now all I can get are the 'Now' ones!  

thanks 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the NowTV standard box (the chunky version on my second photo) you can use the box for the Catch up Apps such has BBC IPlayer,etc etc, plus other Apps on the box like YouTube.

You can also watch both NowTV on demand, catch up and nowtv live channels with the relevant purchased nowtv passes.

Where if you want to watch the Freeview TV live channels you will have to use the Freeview tuner inbuilt into your television set by pressing the TV or source button on television remote (The way you was watching live Freeview TV before you bought and setup the new nowtv box).

This guide article linked below should explain the difference between the standard nowtv box which you own and the smart box (which also includes a Freeview tuner which would need to be also connected to an aerial).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-box

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the NowTV standard box (the chunky version on my second photo) you can use the box for the Catch up Apps such has BBC IPlayer,etc etc, plus other Apps on the box like YouTube.

You can also watch both NowTV on demand, catch up and nowtv live channels with the relevant purchased nowtv passes.

Where if you want to watch the Freeview TV live channels you will have to use the Freeview tuner inbuilt into your television set by pressing the TV or source button on television remote (The way you was watching live Freeview TV before you bought and setup the new nowtv box).

This guide article linked below should explain the difference between the standard nowtv box which you own and the smart box (which also includes a Freeview tuner which would need to be also connected to an aerial).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Thank you so much! That seems to have worked! 

I really appreciate your help as I am not very technical, as you may have noticed! lol

thanks 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi im just rading your comments i only have a few free view channels how can i get more tv staions do i need a airieal to get the rest of the staions?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Because you are using the NowTV standard black box (the chunky version) then i am assuming you mean getting more Freeview Terrestrial channels from your TV inbuilt tuner.

Then if this is the case, then yes you would definitely need an aerial connected to your Television Set.

This Freeview Coverage Checker Tool linked below will give you a general idea on the number channels and what stations you may get at your household, where i believe the estimation is based on a suitable fixed external aerial.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-at-your-address#z6rLXLIK54S9eU4U.97

If you are thinking of an indoor portable TV aerial then from my limited experience i have found them hit or miss (maybe go to Amazon UK for customer reviews).

One last thing which i am sure you know is that you will need a valid TV licence.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have a satlite dish is this any good for the now tv box for the free view or do i need a aireal 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

i have a satlite dish is this any good for the now tv box for the free view or do i need a aireal 

@Anonymous User

The Satellite Dish will not be compatible with Freeview where you would need a Digital Freeview TV aerial.

Also use the Freeview Coverage Checker Tool in my previous post to see how many channels you could possibly receive at your household.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you currently using a Satellite box with your TV at the moment and is it a Sky box or FreeSat box ?

Or is there a Satellite Dish only currently at your property with no Satellite box or TV that has inbuilt Satellite tuner ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sorry @Anonymous User i mistakenly thought i was posting back to the other OP on here.

Are you using the Now TV smart box with the Freeview inbuilt tuner (my first picture on page 1 on this thread) or the standard NowTV black box (second photo on page 1 on this thread) ?

At the moment ignore the first paragraph of my previous post to you.