cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles appearance

Hi, I'm attempting to change the appearance of the subtitles on the Now Tv box settings page. I've customised it so that the subtitles are white with no background and changed the font. But when I go to watch a movie, the subtitles are in a default yellow colour with a black background. I have even restarted the box and rechecked that the settings haven't reverted back and they hadn't but still it only displays default style! I've tried on different movies as well. Why don't the settings i changed apply?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not all apps use the NOW TV box caption settings to display captions, and unfortunately the NOW TV app is one app that displays subtitles in its own format. So whilst you can use Captions Mode setting to always turn on subtitles when available in NOW TV there isn't currently any way to change the format of the subtitles.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not all apps use the NOW TV box caption settings to display captions, and unfortunately the NOW TV app is one app that displays subtitles in its own format. So whilst you can use Captions Mode setting to always turn on subtitles when available in NOW TV there isn't currently any way to change the format of the subtitles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy!

its really silly on Now TV's part that their own box cannot control the appearance of their subtitles despite their being an option. 

Honestly I think Sky are deliberately making Now TV worse because they want people to sign up to their own Sky TV package instead for the same content. Subtitles only being available on select devices even though they can easily be implemented across all devices and now not being to change subtitle appearance on the devices compatible with subtitles.

if anything this just makes me prefer Netflix even more!