cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

RedBullTv app not playing Live video

Can't seem to get the RedBullTV live video to work. Rest of the app works ok, it's just the live video that doesn't show up.

Says 'Retrieving...' and that's as far as it gets.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the red bull app? 

Or seeing if the app has an update?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

It may also help to reset your router. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps. The content delivery system for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider, ie: the RedBull TV. That being said, it is vital that your 'apps' are fully up-to date 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help @caseyb1993 and @SeeMoreDigital. I checked the box was on the latest update, and also tried removing and adding the app again, but no luck.

I did however contact RedBullTV and just recieved this reply:

"Unfortunately, due to hardware and performance restrictions, the Now TV device is incapable of accessing the latest version of Red Bull TV.  The new version of Red Bull TV requires a minimum firmware version above what is currently available on the Now TV device.  Now TV is aware of this restriction and actively working on bringing an update to market that will enable access to the latest and greatest version of Red Bull TV.  Unfortunately, there is nothing that the Red Bull TV technology or Customer Support team can do as the firmware update process is managed wholly by Now TV and their partners.  What you are currently seeing on your streaming device is a subset of Red Bull content that we make available as the device awaits an update.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience, and do know that the Now TV team is working on the update at this time."

So until NowTV update the firmware, the RedBullTV app won't work properly...

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
Sorry that isn't what you wanted to hear @Anonymous User. Hopefully in the future NOWTV will provide an update. 🙂
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂