cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freeview Channels

Please could someone tell me if you get freeview channels as well as passes on another device if signed into same account?
6 REPLIES 6
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi BK

You asked, "...if you get freeview channels as well as passes on another device if signed into same account".  Well, you should do, as long as you are using a Now TV supported device.

So the obvious question to ask, what is the other device you are wondering about?

UK Bob

PS. I personally use three devices with my account, a Now TV Black box, a Roku 3 box and an android tablet.

box 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. So if you have freeview on your main tv, it will work on other devices as well as passes. We seem to only get passes on other devices and no freeview channels.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To watch Freeview on the nowtv boxes you need the nowtv smart box with an inbuilt TV tuner which would also need to be connected to a TV aerial.

With the standard nowtv black or white boxes or the nowtv stick you will not be able to watch Freeview TV on these type of devices.

You could look at a Roku player with tvplayer App for selective channels over the internet where the picture quality in my opinion is not has good as Freeview via an aerial (obviously dependant on your over the air Freeview coverage reception in your area).

Here's a photo of the nowtv smart box with the inbuilt Freeview TV tuner.

NOW-TV-SMART-BOX-WITH-REMOTE-1024x536.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, thats the box we have
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

So you are using the nowtv smart box (shown on the photo) for your main TV in the house watching the Freeview channels and your nowtv passes ?

What about any other devices you have dotted around the house using your nowtv passes ?

Are they nowtv smart boxes with a TV aerial connected into the back of each box or are you using different type of devices and if so what devices are they ?  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you referring to the nowtv smart box with the inbuilt Freeview tuner ?

With a nowtv account you can have a maximum of four devices and allowed to watch two simultaneous nowtv content streams.

When watching Freeview on the nowtv smart box it won't count under the two streams permitted limit.

So somebody can be watching Freeview on the smart box via the TV aerial where two other people could be watching content on your nowtv passes on your account with two other different devices.