cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No picture but sound

Hi I used to be able to get the pictures and sound ok but now I only get sound when I open a program it also happens when I open the apps . I have just paid for 2 months for the movies and unable to watch them and as a pensioner can't afford to throw money away. I have also brought 3 new sets of HDMI cables but still no joy. Please help.
18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried connecting the nowtv box to a different HDMI port on your TV if available ?

Does your box connect directly into your TV or are you using a HDMI switcher or AV Receiver / Soundbar ?

Have you got another TV in the house with a HDMI port, just to check if the box works on a second TV where at the same time undertake a forced software update ?

What's the make and model of your TV Set ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the ports and the box plugs direct into the TV. It is a normal Akura TV .it used to work before as its my TV in the bedroom ,I have tried pulling the leads and power as other people has suggested.like I have said it was working when I put the kids movies on for my grandchildren to watch and everything was working ok
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You could try a factory reset on the box, by making sure that your TV is switched on to the correct HDMI input source on your TV set and then pushing and holding a pin for about 30 secs into the small reset hole on the back of the box until hopefully the initial setup screen reappears on your TV.

You would then have to setup the box again from scratch by re entering your username, password and wifi details on the box.

My only concern would be because you can't see the box display, there is a remote possibility that you won't be able to enter your details again on the box (It would be at your own risk). 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tested the HDMI Ports on your Akura TV with any other device (if available) with an HDMI connection, just to check you are getting both picture & sound ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also reset the box to no avail.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have already done that but I can see everything ok all the contents of the genre and all the apps .it works fine until it goes to open a program or film then I get the message up instead of the content and I can also hear the program or film as it is running .the only thing is I can't watch anything
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What error message is coming up on the box before the screen goes blank ?

Are you using a white nowtv box or the black box ?

You could try a forced software update, by pressing the Home button (5 times) on the remote controller, then quickly followed by the FF >> button (3 times), then RW<< (2 times) which should open a secret menu where you can update the software on the box.

Apart from that, there is nothing else i could suggest, hopefully other helpful forum members will come to your aid with some further suggestions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks just tried that but still no sucess
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What colour nowtv box do you have white or black ?

Do Apps such has the BBC IPlayer etc work or is it only the NowTV content and NowTV App causing the problem?