cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Box needs restarting every morning

Hi,

My Now TV box requires me to unplug it and restart every single morning before it will work. I don't know why does anyone else have this problem?

Also it keeps erroring out when we try to watch something on any app and comes up with a bright purple screen saying unauthorised. No idea why, we have no restrictions enabled on content.

Am I able to get a new box sent or do I have to purchase a new one every 7 years etc. Ugh.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you are seeing the purple screen with the HDCP message ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/purple-screen-no-picture-on-now-tv-box-stick 

Have a read of the link article above, also try a different HDMI port and HDMI cable between your TV and NowTV box.

Should you be using some sort of external HDMI switch, then bypass it and plug the NowTV box directly into one of your main television HDMI ports.

Also go into the Box menu settings under Display and see if setting the picture to 720p makes any difference with regards to the purple HDCP screen with your television set.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks.

The box itself doesn't respond to the remote unless we unplug the mains in the back of box and put it in and let it load. We have to do it every day or after a few hours of non use so twice in a day.

The HDMI is going into the back of the TV and also the mains plug. It's very strange. This has been happening for months and the purple screen only last week.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. The only thing I can think of is to buy a new one. Like all electronics, they wear out over time, although mine isn’t that old !!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You couldn’t buy a new box as there are no devices from NOW being manufactured. My recommendation is either a full blown Roku stick or Amazon fire stick (which is currently on offer). 

As long it’s a device listed here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 wrote:

@Anonymous User 

You couldn’t buy a new box as there are no devices from NOW being manufactured. My recommendation is either a full blown Roku stick or Amazon fire stick (which is currently on offer). 

As long it’s a device listed here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Hi @Anonymous User 

just to add to what @gavs82008 , has said your best option at the moment due to the Jubilee offers on  Amazon would probably be the Roku streaming stick 4K for the current offer price It is arguably superior to Amazon's devices unless you go for the fire TV stick 4K max, which is more expensive than the Roku streaming stick 4K currently (£39.99) . The next model down the Roku express 4K is even cheaper (£29.99.)

If subtitle support is something that interests you subtitle support is better on Now . When using Roku, then it is on fire TV devices

Roku express 4K 

Roku streaming stick 4K 

Hope this helps you out 😁

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.