cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did the system restart and it worked straight after
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem this morning.  Most frustrating as I have only had my box since June 4 (my birthday present) and up till now it has worked fine.  

I will do what has been suggested - restart the system and see what happens.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I turned the router and box off and restarted it all and everything is fine now.  Thank goodness!

Thanks to everyone with advice to a new user.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I RECENTLY RESET MY PASSWORD ON MY ACCOUNT, ON THE COMPUTER. NOW WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS A PROGRAM ON THE TV BOX, I GET NO PICTURE AND IT SAYS "HDCP UNAUTHORISED  CONTENT DISABLED " ...... HELP

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The best thing to do here is to take out your HDMI lead and put it back in. If that doesn't work, do you have a spare one to try?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This sounds like an HDMI lead probelm.  Turn everything off, remove your HDMI leads  and turn them round, if possible, try a different lead if youn have one.  Hopefully doing that should help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Please refer to the following: HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen ... for help...

Cheers

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  @Anonymous User,

As our wonderful super users have explained this would be to do with the HDMI connection to the box and isn't related to changing the password.

Can you let us know if you had any luck with the suggestions provided? If not reply and let us know so we can take it forward for you.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the Sky movie is playing but but the screen has"hdcp unauthorised content disabled"

What is this and how do i correct it.

I am watching on the TV

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try this.

With both TV and box switched off, disconnect and then reconnect the HDMI cable at both ends.

See if that works first.

This guide article explains more about HDCP.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box