cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box says disabled content
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you checked the advice just above you? 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorted thank you turned everything off waited 5min comeback on
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys. I was having HDCP issues with my Samsung LE32B450C4W that my friend gave to me. First, I tried to plug in an Amazon firestick, and that wouldn't work (HDCP issues suspected), then I got a NOW TV box for my birthday and plugged it in and was getting the same HDCP issues. (Purple screen on all videos.) I knew it wasn't the cables, or the box, because I'd been having HDCP issues with the Firestick. So I bought a HDCP stripper. Just ten minutes later, I found somebody posting how to get to the hidden Samsung TV settings, 

"
Be careful since this might void your TV's warranty eg. if you manipulate other settings.

1) Put TV in standby and connect the Apple TV

2) To open the Service Menu enter this sequence while TV is off: Info - Menu - Mute - Power

3) Now only use up or down! to navigate to "Advanced" but dont press anything

4) Put in: 0 0 0 0 on the numbers

5) Now only use up or down to navigate to "ADJUST" - hit enter

6) Now only use up or down! to navigate to "HDCP Download" - hit enter

7) Use left/right to put it to "On"

8 ) Now to leave the menu power the tv off (standby) and power back on"

This completely fixed the problem for me with the NOW TV box. I have cancelled the HDCP stripper order.  I haven't yet tried the firestick, but I assume this will work now too. 

Much love! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works!!!!!!!! after having both 2 cables, an HMDI splitter, contacted samsung customer support (useless) and tried all options available on internet, I came across your solution for Samsung LE32B450.

thanks.