cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry but the hdmi cable supplied by yourselves with the box should be up to the job!! This fault has just occurred for me today (black box) and I feel that it is definitely a 'soft' problem?!! annoyed!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried the different troubleshooting steps in this thread.

The one that works most often is to connect your NOW TV Box to a different TV, if you have one. If the NOW TV Box then works without the purple screen, connect it to the original/preferred TV and, in most cases, the purple screen will be gone..

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Sorry but the hdmi cable supplied by yourselves with the box should be up to the job!! This fault has just occurred for me today (black box) and I feel that it is definitely a 'soft' problem?!! annoyed!!!!

If you think the Now TV box is the only HDMI connected device in the world that suffers 'purple screen' issues then I suggest you perform an internet search where you'll discover that this is not the case...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An alternative if you cannot get a fix working is to do an internet search for "HDCP stripper". Small box will sit between the HowTV box and TV, and just remove the HDCP from the HDMI at make all your problems go away.

It amazes me really that they even bother with this stuff to begin with. The HDCP 1.x versions are a total busted flush, with the master key being recovered and released to the public five years ago. Stand alone HDMI capture devices are under £50 on eBay.  Even the newer HDCP 2.1 and 2.2 are a busted flush as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

@SteveC1 came up with a similar solution on page 6 of this thread, if you have not seen it then you should check it out.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have hdcp unauthorised content displayed with movie playing in background. It has only just happened

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have this too, how do I get it to work?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please refer to the following HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen ... topic. Along with this Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box help article.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have recently been getting this message come up on my white now tv box. I have tried swapping HDMI cables, resetting the box multiple times and turning everything off and unplugging everyuthing yet I am still getting the same message come up on my screen. I tried phoning up to get help yet they couldn't. I've read the various articles on the forum yet there has been no solution.

Any help would be massivley appreciated!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello, have you checked out SeeMoreDigital's links? 🙂

If they don't help, scroll down to the bottom (in one of the links) and click on 'contact us'. 

On the next page, click on 'live chat' to get some more help.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂