cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone all fix now unplugged tv and now tv box from mains all leads taken  out left over night plugged both back in mains put leads back in and switched everything on and hey presto all working.Many thanks to everyone who helped.Hope this helps someone else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done what you said to do still no joy don't understand this my other boxes are working fine it comes up on my devices that I have used the box but still no picture 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's a Samsung white box worked fine on it so should not have anything to do with TV .my other two boxes are working fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable
SMD if roku devices don't support 1080i then how are the smart boxes able to receive Full HD freeview channels aren't they broadcast at 1080i
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
SMD if roku devices don't support 1080i then how are the smart boxes able to receive Full HD freeview channels aren't they broadcast at 1080i

Receiving is one thing. Outputting is a very different other thing...

The video encoding and decoding world is very complicated. Too complicated to explain on this forum!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much. It is working now😃
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's great, glad you are sorted! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW BOX displaying HDCP unauthorised Content disabled. Have reset box and logged in again. Switched box on and off. This is on all channels.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the following help page which explains what is happening

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

It's a case of messing around with the HDMI cable and TV until it works .... I find just changing the input on the TV to freeview and back again sorts it, but you might need to take the HDMI cable out of the box and TV then plug it back again, turn TV off and on again, power down the box and back up again etc. until you find the 'magic cure'. Start off by unplugging both TV and box at the mains, unplugging both ends of the HDMI cable and reconnect, then plug box and TV back in and see if it works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

can anyone recommend how to fix it the HDCP unauthorised. content disabled purple screen ive tried a different hdmi cable its not working ive also tride rest its not and also factory rest and its still not working u get noise in the back group but no actual picture of the programme . thank you