cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables

HDCP unauthorised. Content disabled purple screen not working I've tried 3 HDMI cables but it's still not working turned it off and on but it's no different please advise. Thank you.
284 REPLIES 284
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Please confirm the make and model number of the device you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
[ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just added new black box to spare room had old white one in there before.signd in and done pass word but box won't let me watch anything. Other boxes work fine . I do have movie and entertainment passes.any help
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...but box won't let me watch anything. Other boxes work fine . 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Is there an 'error message' of some kind displayed. If so, what does it say?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No error message I can hear sound but no picture just says hdcp unauthorized content.Devise has registered on my account.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Okay @Anonymous User, we're getting somewhere!

What's the make and model number of your television?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
No error message I can hear sound but no picture just says hdcp unauthorized content.Devise has registered on my account.

Your probably seeing a big pink screen yeah?

Usually that's just a simple fix.

Unplug your NOW TV Box from the mains socket then unplug the HDMI Cable from the back of your box and the back of the TV. Wait for 30 seconds, plug the HDMI Cable back in to the box and TV and then switch the NOW TV Box back on at the mains. Should load up nicely then try and play any show.

Hopefully this resolves the issue @Anonymous User

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Indeed that's one reason @Tony-D,

Another reason could be to do with the age of @Anonymous User's television. Not all early flat screen television are able to support 1080p images correctly (only 1080i - which the Roku devices do not offer). In which case, the NOW TV boxes 'Display type' output setting should be set to: '720p HD TV'...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a fairly  new tv a year old full hd the setting on now tv box is 720 so nothing to do with tv 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again,

Try a different HDMI lead. Use ones that are marked 'hi-speed'... That said, I would still like to know the exact model of your Samsung TV, as some models were fitted with quite poor HDMI chip-sets Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried different  leads turning tv and now tv box off and on still no joy I have had a black now tv box working on this tv before when the tv was in my room so it's not the tv.