cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Continue Watching

Hi everyone

How is the 'continue watching' supposed to work? For example does it remove a series/film if you haven't selected it in a certain amount of time? I ask as this addition doesn't seem to work very well i.e. I go into my account and it has say 4 progs to watch (all different series) under the continue watching section. I can watch one of the progs and go back into the section to select a different series and it has removed 2 or more series - so it's there one minute and gone the next! (I do hope this makes sense). It is not working in a Netflix kind of a way and seems to remove things from the list at will.

So my basic question is should series that I am watching stay in the continue watching indefinitely (box sets) and if the series is on catch up the most recent should show up in there a day after broadcast?

If yes then it doesn't seem to work for me at all well. I have a Now black box, wireless connection. Ideally I would like recently watched back (in addition to continue watching as this is so unreliable)

Anyone else finding it a bit useless? Other than this I do like Now Tv and am generally really happy with it!

65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi

OK then I had the last two episodes of Braquo to watch (Eps 7 and 8)....I started episode 6 again and fast forwarded through until the last minute when the credits came up and there it was...That little "Watch next episode" pop-up.  I pressed "Now" and I got a black screen with the NowTV Spinning Red/Green/Blue "Loading" circles and a second later I was into the next episode (Ep 7).

I have just watched that and done the same thing and I'm straight into the final episode (Ep 8).  I've stuck that on "Pause" whilst I type this but my guess is that, sadly, you have a problem at your end as I didn't get the dreaded black screen.

Sorry about that, LindziSmiley Sad

Maybe Andy can be of more help...Or anybody else on here who might like to chip in with a few ideas....Roll up, roll up!!

I really hope that you get this sorted without having to buy a new box Lindzi.

Take care now. Smiley Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

Thank you so much for trying it out, that does sound like it is a problem my end doesn't it but actually really helpful knowing that it is (if u know what I mean)

Hope you enjoy your final ep and thank you for your help!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I wish I was the font of all knowledge but alas I've only thumbed through NOW TV Troubleshoting Basics. My 1000 page copy of Advanced NOW TV Technical Manual is still sat on the bookcase with its spine unbroken.

@Lindzi I've come across clicking an episode causing the app to quit but not in relation to the continue watching section. It's usually an issue with the episodes itself,but if you can subsequently watch it by trying again it may be a different issue. However it would be useful to post which specific episode you notice it next to see if it can be replicated.

As an aside, as long as you're not on season 13 there are actually two different listings of Grey's Anatomy boxsets, one under Sky Living and one under ABC Studios. You might want to try watching the other one to see if that behaves better for you...

...of course, it would also be totally understandable if you decide to ignore the continue watching section and find the episodes from your watchlist instead! 😉

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Andy

My CW just doesn't seem to like me! The issue seems to be on all my series when I try the watch next button.

I will try and establish a pattern but, as it's only me it happens to, I may try changing the box out and see if that changes anything but in my tiny brain if I am online then I'm online and not sure the actual box has anything to do with it.

Thank you both for helping, I really do appreciate it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi and @Andy

I wonder if your problems, Lindzi, have got any better today.  Having just checked to see if the new series "Braquo" has gone into "Continue Watching", (and it has!!) I have noticed a change.

On some, and I repeat, some of the programmes I have in "Watchlist", I now have a new thumbnail with the next episode on.  An example of this is "30 degrees in February" which is on Sky Arts tonight at 9pm.  Today I have a thumbnail for tonights episode with "Available from 10.30 pm" under it.

This is a good and big step forward as I had finished series 3 of Braquo, so it had disappeared but "Continue Watching" has recognised the new series 4 boxset, which was only added today.  As for the "Preview thumbnail", that bodes well as it shows that this episode should be recognised and go in tonight....Fingers crossed!

I wonder, Lindzi, if you have something similar for "Greys Anatomy" or if the "Watch next episode now" button will now work for you, as there has been some kind of update.

As for you, Andy, grab a pen and add it in some margin or other of that manual of yours. Smiley Wink

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User & @Andy

My series are seeming to go into my continue watching i.e Criminal Minds was in there yesterday after it's airing on Monday night. The Walking Dead didn't but I will never forget to watch that Smiley Happy

I watched Greys Anatomy and Quantico on Monday night and both failed to play the next episode when requested....both on the 'watch next' and leaving it to run until end of credits and picking the next thumbnail. If I choose 'watch next' I get a black screen or continuous coloured balls or if I leave it to run and pick a thumbnail nothing happens at all. Still having to exit app and back in to get next ep. However, when I do go back into the app the next episode is queued up correctly in the Continue Watching (I don't have to go into my Watch list)

I may try the app on my Samsung TV to see if it performs better but didn't want to add another device if it made no difference.

Thank you for the heads up and I will try again tonight to see if it has got better, should I request a software update or do these things happen without any intervention from me?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi

I didn't do anything, the little thumbnail was just there and it's the first time that I've ever seen it.  As for Braquo, I didn't expect it to be in "Continue Watching" as it's a new series and has only been added to "Boxsets" today.

Enjoy "Quantico", I really enjoyed that, it's just a shame that that pesky button of yours doesn't work for you.  I'm just hoping that this update might get it working again as it still has me baffled!

So try again (No software update request needed) and let's hope for the best, eh?Smiley Surprised

"The Walking Dead" was great...I loved the start with "A Town Called Malice" by The Jam, playing over it.Smiley Very Happy

Take care, Lindzi.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

That's great thanks, i will give it a go this evening. It sound promising though!

I thought that about the Walking Dead, as soon as the The Jam started playing I knew it was going to be good.....Easy Street song not so much!! Smiley Very Happy

Although some part of the ep made me laugh, not sure if that makes me a bit sinister but hey ho Smiley Surprised

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User *furiously scribbles notes in manual*

@Lindzi it would be interesting to see how theSamsung app performs as we don't get much feedback around here on that, it should remember all your Watchlists and continue watching sections so all that is needed is to sign in, plus if you do like it you can always use the box in a different room of the house.

There are still a few niggles with CW. I've not had any of the new seasons of shows started recently pop up into continue watching automatically like a few other posters have (TWD popped up for one but not for me) so I have to keep a look out for my favourite shows remaining, but once it's started everything so far works well. 

Still, it's all part of the adventure, like we are all  pioneers in the Wild West setting up our own [voucher code removed] ... Carry on Cowboy anyone? 😉

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy .....Or "The Rumpo Kid" as you will now be known. Smiley Wink

Like you say there are still a few niggles with the "Continue watching" section and you do have to keep your eyes peeled for new shows.  I know that you probably know about this site but a few people on here might not and it keeps you up to date with whats coming up:

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

I don't actually know if that is allowed to be shown on here as it's an external site but in my mind it's harmless and might help, especially as there are a lot of returning shows coming up.  Sorry to the Mods if I've done the wrong thing!

As we've just been talking about "The Walking Dead", do you think that if you digitally slow down Sid James' laugh, you get the sound of a Zombie?......Just a thought! Smiley Wink