cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppleIssue
Advocate

Connectivity issue with Iphone

Hi All, I am having an weird issue with my wifi and Iphone. I have connected my Iphone to my Now Broadband at home  and I am facing intermittent issues with site loads issues, surfing issues. To my surprise, my all other phones are working perfectly with the wifi, but the wifi is not only supporting apple devices. 

I did get my phone tested in the apple store and it was working perfectly, however, in home, my sites doesnt load, vidoes doesnt come up and it takes ages for buffering.. 

To test this, I got my friend a home who has an IPhone as well, however, for his phone also our wifi didnt provider a better results. He also faced the same issue as what I am facing. 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Nikhil Shandage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AppleIssue 

I don't own any iOS Apple devices myself but a couple of things worth trying if you haven't done them already.

1. Go into your NOW online account and change the age rating of your Broadband Buddy.

2. On your iPhone see if Private Relay is enabled, if so switch it off.

3. Go into the NOW Router webpage Settings and see if disabling IPV6 makes any difference.

4. Also use the Community search box for any similar threads you are encountering.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AppleIssue 

I don't own any iOS Apple devices myself but a couple of things worth trying if you haven't done them already.

1. Go into your NOW online account and change the age rating of your Broadband Buddy.

2. On your iPhone see if Private Relay is enabled, if so switch it off.

3. Go into the NOW Router webpage Settings and see if disabling IPV6 makes any difference.

4. Also use the Community search box for any similar threads you are encountering.

AppleIssue
Advocate

@schnapps : I tried and it worked, however it doesnt make sense to keep the Private Rely state disabled. Private rely should be ON on Iphone so that my Ip's are not tracked.... Surprisingly my friend who has recently shifted next my apartment has the same now broadband and he has an iphone, but he doesnt have any issues. 

Jadetree
Advocate

@schnapps Thanks for that information. I have found it impossible to connect to NOW Broadband wifi since Apple asked me to activate the private relay. So much for extra security settings 🙄

Midlands-user
Advocate

@schnapps it worked when I turned private relay off but I am not happy to do it. Can @now team resolve the issue so the iphone works with Private Relay as well? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Midlands-user 

You need to report with staff directly. See this link to explain the purpose of the forum.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

To speak with staff you need live chat. Which is accessed by using the 'How to get in touch' drop down when signed in.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
LJO

Have you resolved this? I’m having the same problem with Apple devices including iPad. Everything else is working well

Nitro
Scholar 3

Who is your internet with? Do you have a combined 2.4ghz and 5ghz network?

AppleIssue
Advocate

@schnapps 

@Nitro I have [voucher code removed]. 

AppleIssue
Advocate

@schnapps 

@Nitro 

@LJO , Yes, unfortunatley, we are in situation where we cannot report it to Iphone.. My friend suggested me to get the NOw Router replaced, but I am not able to connect with now team which is quite disappointing.  He seems to have the same issue back in India which got resolved it seems. Thanks