Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot login through now tv box

Hi,

am new to the community.

setup my new now tv box (black). But couldn't sign in. Error message: "sorry, something went wrong we are working on it". Error code: OVP_00026.

i could able to sign in to my account using the same credentials through internet.

help appreciated.

thanks in advance

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

email is my username

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using any special characters for example & / % etc in your password or is your password just letters and numbers ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Did you purchase your NOW TV box in the UK or in Eire @Anonymous User?

From what I understand, only NOW TV boxes purchased in Eire are able to work in Eire...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes purchased in eire and there is on letters and numbers in password

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What is the message on screen when you attempt to sign in ?

Also i am assuming you are not using a VPN on your home network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Says account is invalid at bottom and ovp_00026 , txt says something went wrong , we're working on it , please come back later or go to help

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That error code suggests that your account is not fully complete, where you need to sign back into your My Account on the NowTV Republic of Ireland website and check all your details including your bank card details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

all looks okay. dont see anywhere that i would have missed putting in details

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your best option might be to contact NowTV Éire live chat and explain to them that you can sign in with your iPad and Laptop but on your NowTV box you are getting the OVP _0026 error message.

Here's the link to live chat ROI.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/contact-us/now-tv-box-error-codes-messages

One last question when you go to the Éire NowTV website and log in to My Account > View my Bills, does it show your up to date billing history ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have been on to them a load of times in the last two weeks but they are not helping me at all. shocking bad customer service. they tell me to try all the steps then that doest work they tell me someone will be in contact but no one gets back to me. 

billing looks okay. like i only got the box set up an account but have not been able to log into it from day one. 😞