cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I recently purchased a Samsung UE48JU6410 Smart TV which has a web browser and wondered whether I would be able to access NOW TV from it?

I want to use a Sports Pass on Sunday and wondered whether I could watch on the TV?

Thanks

WPTD17

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure Now TV does not have an app on the Samsung smart tv platform, I have a Samsung smart tv and have never been able to find one.  I think you would need to use a Now TV box instead.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello

I recently purchased a Samsung UE48JU6410 Smart TV which has a web browser and wondered whether I would be able to access NOW TV from it?

I want to use a Sports Pass on Sunday and wondered whether I could watch on the TV?

Thanks

WPTD17

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for your post!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post. 

Unfortunately you can't watch NOW TV on the Samsung Smart TV unless you have a NOW TV box connected. 

We may however have the NOW TV app available on the Samsung Smart TV's in the future so please do keep an eye out for updates. 

Many thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Just wanted to enquire on why would not I be able to watch NOW TV content using a browser on a Smart TV.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post. 

Unfortunately you can't watch NOW TV on the Samsung Smart TV unless you have a NOW TV box connected. 

We may however have the NOW TV app available on the Samsung Smart TV's in the future so please do keep an eye out for updates. 

Many thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

It is allowing me to sign in into the browser on my TV but would not play then says that I need Silverlight.

Can I not install Silverlight and then get the content working there?

Awaiting your response on this.

Thanks,
Navin

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Its not possible to install Silverlight on the web browser on smart TVs as the TV doesn't support downloading and installing of plugins and helper apps. Some LG smart TVs are able to watch NOW TV because they have a dedicated app that NOW TV is accessed via. Unfortunately there is no dedicated NOW TV app for Samsung TVs so you will need to access it via another device such as a games console or NOW TV box. Full list of devices can be found here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Andy that really clarifies... Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can sign in on phone but won't let me no the now TV box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear this. Can you try changing your password for me or try a reset of the box. Let us know if you still have issues. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've tried to sign in to my NOW TV box and it keeps coming up with the message that either my username and password are incorrect however I am sucessfully signed into the site and I have rest my password 3 - 4 times today alone and plus a previous time before about three weeks ago. On top of this I've had my NOW TV box for nearly a year and since before Christmas 2015 the box started to sign itself out which is causing me to have problems when I go to sign back in. Please, please help as quickly as possible.