cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

white boxes

I have 2 white now tv boxes and both have the same problem when I watch something then go back to watch something else or even live TV it will not work until I press the home button and start again so every single thing I watch I have to return to home to do everything else. Is this a problem with the white boxes as newer black ones operating have somehow changed something to do with operating the older models? I don't really want to buy 2 new boxes.
4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Foxy

I can't answer your problem directly, my white box died over 2 months ago and has been replaced with a black one, but I can say the tech in your boxes are over 2 years (nearer 3) and cannot handle OS and channel/app updates anymore.  

It just that your boxes do not have the CPU power that's needed for today's software and currently when dealing with your commands, from my own experience, can be so slow the boxes may seem to come to a full stop.

Finally, you would be better off, and would notice the difference, if you swap out your white boxes for black ones.

UK Bob

PS. You may still get the black Now TV boxes at sale prices if you hurry.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I agree with @ukbobboy... For example, Currys are currently offering a NOW TV 'black' box bundled together with 3 months 'Entertainment' (or 2 months 'Movies) for just £17.00

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I thought I would probably have to upgrade the boxes

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you're quick, right now Argos are offering a NOW TV 'black' box with either 6 months Entertainment or 4 months Cinema for just £19.99

Cheers