cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor jittery frame rate

I've been using Now TV for a couple of years, but I'm getting sick of the poor frame rate on almost anything I watch....

Just watched Christmas Carol, then The Elf, and it was as if it missed every other frame the whole way through.  

The other week I hired Arsenal/Spurs and thatalmostgave me a headache - it was shocking. 

Unless this can be fixed, I'll soon be cancelling my Movies and Entertainment subscriptions. 

I have a white Now TV box - model 2400SK.   Software version 6.1  Build 5660. 

Connection is via wireless.  Signal strangth = "excellent".   

My TV is a Panasonic Viera 47", connected via HDMI.

My ISP is Plusnet, on an unlimited Fibre package.   A speedtest shows around 17mbps.  

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the NOW TV box runs at 60hz whilst most UK content is made for 50. Some customers can notice this, however what your suggesting sounds more extreme. It's worth playing with the TV display modes as some try to over compensate the image and make it worse. Sport and movie modes are know to do this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the NOW TV box runs at 60hz whilst most UK content is made for 50. Some customers can notice this, however what your suggesting sounds more extreme. It's worth playing with the TV display modes as some try to over compensate the image and make it worse. Sport and movie modes are know to do this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll test some more, but it looks like setting a Game mode option under the Display in Setup on the TV smooths it out. 

Thanks. 

Neil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Eye-Strain-Pain-from-Roku-Box-and-Samsung-TV/td-p/47...

This is the issue I was having a few years ago with a roku box through Samsung 2010 model (which had known issues then).

Now I'm wondering if this bug has been fixed or if it can be negated by using now tv on youview box on the same television? 

Tried playing with the screen output to no avail