cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Purple Screen No picture

Hi i've seen the post here

http://help.nowtv.com/HelpArticle?id=kA1G0000000CuoxKAC&topicKey=NOW_TV_Box|NOW%20TV%20Box|1&selecte...

Last modified 20 Nov 2013

that says the HDMI Lead is the problem ?

this is the lead that was provided with the NowTV Box so do we have to buy another lead ?

i have re-set the box still the same problem, internet speed is ok 20mb +

buying new leads wont solve the problem imo as i have other HDMI Shielded leads and HDMI Leads on my Sky box i have tried them all with the NowTV Box they all have the same problem ? when connected to the NowTV Box Purple screen no picture the Sound is ok.

Is there any ideas how to resolve it ?. numerous leads dont work

is it a Box Firmware problem ?

Thanks

168 REPLIES 168
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps.

I've tried a different cable but to no avail! I've left it now for 24 hours, unless anyone else has any ideas?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Has your TV got more than one HDMI port, if so try a different port on the TV (make sure both TV and box is switched off whilst moving any HDMI cables).

The last thing that you can try is a hard factory reset, which i don't think will work but you have got nothing to lose.

To carry out a hard factory reset make sure both the TV and box is left on, then with a small pin press and keep holding in the small reset hole on the back of the box until the initial nowtv setup screen appears on your TV.

By doing a factory reset you will have to setup your nowtv box from scratch again including entering your wifi password and nowtv username & password details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having Purple Screen issues.

While we investigate a fix for this you may find that you have one of our Supported Devices.

If you'd like help setting any of these up, feel free to give us a shout 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

Could you share more information on this? 

I tried it on another TV, and it worked but my own television is only two years old! Brand new in 2014!

Can anyone suggest anything, otherwise I'm going to have to take it back for a refund!

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If the nowtv box worked fine on a different TV then that proves that the HDMI HDCP issue is with the Toshiba TV and doesn't play nicely with the nowtv box (you could try contacting Toshiba UK customer support to see if they can be of assistance or if there is a newer firmware update available for your TV) ?

I think @Anonymous User was relating to the use of other nowtv supported devices you can try on your TV (see link below).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Sorry i can't think of anything else to try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This is something we're currently looking into and your details have been logged in relation to it 🙂

Do you have an external sound system or recording device attached to the TV that's not working with it?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob, 

Nope only external cable is the aerial, nothing else! I've also bought an HDMI Splitter but that hasn't worked.  I'm resigned to taking it back for a refund now (If I still can after 3 weeks)!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob, could you add mine to the list of purple screen issues. I have white box connected to a tv in the kitchen and it worked fine until recently. Now has dreaded purple screen. Tried moving devices (also have another white box and a black box) this proved all devices work fine except on tv in kitchen. Tried full resets, swopping cables, etc.....  still no joy. Frustrated as no changes were made at my end before purple screen issue.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You mention in your post that you have two nowtv white boxes, have you tried swapping these two white boxes over on the two TV sets to see what happens to the pink HDCP screen ?

Does the white nowtv box that doesn't work on your Kitchen TV work on the other TV connected with the other white nowtv box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This came on my tv screen as well no matter what i wanted to watch but after 10 minutes i found the issue ...i switched the box off and when i switched it back on i went to watch something and i was asked for my username and passport all sorted now , i thought it was strange to ask me for the details must be a minor blip somewhere .