cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New box - says go to plugin?

The menu screen says "Activate your NowTV Box to a..." and then "From your PC, phone or tablet go to: PLUGIN" and "Enter this code" - but what is plug in! The Live Chat doesn't seem to know - does anyone have any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And: -

• Have you completed your NOW TV account and submitted your debit or credit card details?
  • Are you accessing the NOW TV service from within the UK or Éire?
  • Do you have a UK registered 'credit' or 'debit' card?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for replying!

It is the white one.

I've also realised when I reset it's not asking for my NowTV login details - I already had the account when I got the box.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've also realised when I reset it's not asking for my NowTV login details - I already had the account when I got the box.

How long ago did you last log onto and use your NOW TV account? If it's details have not been kept upto date it might not be active anymore...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the latest 'NOW TV Service Status' announcement maybe relevant to you: -

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-activating-factory-resetting-NOW-TV-Box-30-9-2017/m-p/443814

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. I've got the small black box.

The technical issue is now fixed, does anyone have any idea where you put this PLUGIN code?.

Thanks in advance

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

I guess you could try resetting your NOW TV box. The following 'Help Centre' article will show you how to do it: How to reset your NOW TV Box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If anyone can tell me where this PLUGIN code goes I'd be grateful so frustrating 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If anyone can tell me where this PLUGIN code goes I'd be grateful so frustrating 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Try resetting your NOW TV box. The following 'Help Centre' article will show you how to do it: How to reset your NOW TV Box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, annoyingly resetting it doesn't work. I was meant to hear from a member of the tech team (or something) today but haven't - I have come from AppleTV and this is killing me!

Any other ideas?