cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 003

My box has not been working for nearly 2 weeks now! Come on seriously? I've even been given a free month of sky movies but what good is that to me when I can't even use the thing. I have reset it loads and connect to the wifi but then as soon as it updates software I get an error message 003 and when I click check network I just go back to the wifi page. I have done the home 5 times fast forward 3 times and rewind 2 times and tried to do it that way Nd it's still the same. Getting a bit fed up now If I am honest.
72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable
From NOWTV and its black
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not familiar with the EE Routers and the only things that i could suggest are the following.

If you are using the black nowtv box over wifi are you able to run an Ethernet cable between your Router and nowtv box either permanently (better method than wifi) or temporary to test if the error code disappears.

Also, maybe try switching off the Router for about 30 minutes to see if that helps in any way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you're still having issues setting up your NOW TV box. If you haven't already, could you try the steps listed here to try and force an update to your box to see if this works.

Let me know how it goes.

Bisa

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased a brand new nowtv box for my move into my new student apartment. However, regardless of my phone already being connected to the wifi, the now tv will not connect and repeadtly keeps showing error code 003. I have tried repeadtly resetting the box but nothing and i cannot reset the router as it is a student building.what can i do?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

This particular error code is normally down to the connection between your router and box. You might need to involve the 'tech guy or gal' for your student accomodation to change/try some different router channels? 

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If your student accommodation has wifi with web-based authentication (the kind of Internet connection where once you've connected to wifi you need to open up a web browser and authenticate on that before you get access), then unfortunately that type of connection isn't compatible with the NOW TV box - it will look as if it is connected but it isn't actually authenticated to use the service.

If that's the case then the best thing to do is contact the technical support team for the broadband service, they may be able to authorise the box directly using its MAC address, which can be found on the sticker on the bottom of the box.

If they aren't able to do that then you'd need to watch on a different device such as laptop, tablet, mobile (Roku devices have a Hotel and Dorm feature that should connect to those type of wifi setups, but check with the IT guys first as there are sometimes additional blocks on streaming devices that might stop it)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have now tv on my x box one and keep getting problems while watching films ! It comes up with "something's not righf. Give it a moment, or check nowtv.com/status for updates "and on the bottom right corner just says error code :3

Also the picture goes funny while watching stuff too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here on Xbox One. If it's not outright stopping it's often blurred. NowTV doesn't seem to care, I recommend spending your money elsewhere until they start providing decent customer service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's happened again. I'm going to put a message here EVERY time it happens until it's fixed. Xbox One again, error 3. We pay enough for this service that this shouldn't be happening, it's disgraceful .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And again. It's not like this problem hasn't been known for ages so why is it so difficult to find a solution? I'm cancelling my subscription and will be moving to a rival, I suggest others do the same if they want decent service.