cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to access both passes

Hi all

I don’t know if anyone can help me, we’ve been having this issue for probably over a year and Now didn’t manage to fix it previously. I pay for the entertainment and movies passes. If I turn on the TV with the normal TV remote and access Now TV I can access both passes. However, we usually use our BT YouView remote, and via this I can only access the movie pass. I’ve recently acquired an iPad, and on the NowTV app I can access both passes. I have tried logging out and back in again, but nothing seems to affect it. It’s really frustrating as I’m paying for something we generally forget we even have. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or where I’m going wrong?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curisoity what is the make and model of your TV ?

Is your TV a smart TV either by LG or Samsung and does it have the inbuilt NowTV App ?

Currently at the moment when watching on the BT YouView boxes via the NowTV App you will have on demand movies only.

See list on the link page below of supported nowtv devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

There is talk in a recent press release that sometime during 2019 that the YouView boxes may get the entertainment and sports nowtv passes added, but nothing has been officially confirmed or is specific yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah ok, this is really helpful, thank you. We have an LG tv with a BT YouView box, so that does make sense (although it seems very odd to be able to access it some ways and not others!).

Thanks very much for your help!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With regards to no entertainment, sports or kids  currently available directly on the BT YouView boxes it's apparently to do with rights restrictions.

However, BT and Sky / NowTV have come to some sort of  deal agreement for offering cross content services, which should happen next year.

Where the NowTV entertainment and sports content (not sure about kids ?) should hopefully be added to the BT Youview boxes where I am assuming it will be via the YouView box NowTV App.

If your LG TV is a smart version and the NowTV App is available from the LG App store, then if it was me I would use the LG NowTV inbuilt App which by going on this article and if you have sufficient broadband speed will give you 720p HD picture quailty compared to SD on the BT Youview box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

I am with BT and I don't currently use my Youview box for watching NowTV for three reasons 1) SD picture quailty 2) Outdated User interface of the NowTV App 3) Can't watch entertainment or sports.