cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kids TV not included with Entertainment Pass anymore :(

My kids were very upset when they couldnt get to the kids programs today on the Entertainment pass. They were even more upset when I didnt want to pay anymore ontop of my existing subscriptions. I must admit, I do feel a little cheeted that they have been taken away, especialy as I purchased a 6 month pass partly because of the kids entertainment. 😞

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, total con, who's going to pay that, I get kids channels on freeview. Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

People will all view it very differently and in the past their has always been suggestions on here about people having entertainment passes not wanting children's channels. It is also not unusual to have separate packages, indeed BT have a separate kids package at £4 on their Youview service. This separate package has allowed NOW TV to add more children's channels (I know Disney has gone but that is due to a change in rights) without everyone having to pay more, and again you have got the flexibility to just have the passes that you want and change it on a monthly basis. NOW TV always reserve the right to change channels and prices and they have publicised this change however I do believe that whilst people never want to pay more that the passes do still provide value for money and will continue to evolve.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. I don’t disagree that having a separate Kids area is probably an improvement. It may also be excellent value for money. However, this doesn’t change the fact that I purchased a subscription for a package that I thought fulfilled the family's needs, and unexpectedly this has now changed. As a family the children’s content is probably accessed just as much as the grownup content. I feel extremely disappointed that I can no longer access what I thought I had payed for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please read the post at the following link. I've kicked up a stink with the appropriate people, the more complaints to the authorities or civil action the better.
http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Kids/Complaints/m-p/383658#M439

Now TV have promised to respond 'shortly' to that thread on Twitter.

Legend 5
Legend 5

The Now Kids pass is giving parents the confidence to know that what kids watch is safe for them.   

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 It will be better when the PIN issue is sorted but just now it's daft. At the moment the parental PIN is just an incovenance and annoying when you have to keep inputting it to allow kids to watch kids stuff. It's not as if it's a new issue either, it has existed long before the kids pass was ever thought of.

That been said, i think there needs to be a lock on the box too so that parents can install only safe apps and prevent changes to the apps and settings. Kids can still install other apps on the box (not all have a PIN feature and those that do can be unistalled and re-installed to remove it so they are not kid safe in anyway). That would mean of course removing the app account sync though (which to be fair i dont see much point in it anyway considering the limited number of apps and the fact settings for the apps dont sync).

The alternative would be to require the parenal PIN to exit the kids app, basically locking to box to it. But then that would have to persist thorugh power outages too else a child could just simply unplug it and plug it back in.

i think with those in place then you can say that parents can be confident they know what their kids are watching is safe. But as it stands, you still need to watch out for things, kids are smart!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User those were supposed to have been sorted are you still having issues with the parental pin. @Karl-F please look into
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 It was still doing it Monday evening, but maybe it's very recent fix and ive missed it. Don't have kids here all the time (there not my kids but a relatives that often stay over) so the box we have in that room isnt in use evey day (which is now on a serate account so I will have to go check to see if it has been fixed).