cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Launching a Now TV app for Windows Phone would be great.

92 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please hear me out!

I tried NowTV before on my laptop and I loved it! It is updated with new films faster than Netflix or LoveFilm could (Had subscriptions with them before I discovered NowTV.). I watched it all on my laptop as that is the only device compatible with NowTV but I am now on thr stage where I am not using my laptop ad I could do most activities I do with my Windows Phone 8. Not only that, but I am missing out movies when I am on the go! I have been away on a summer camp for a week and that meant no NowTV.

My subscription has now ended with NowTV and I will be more than willing to renew my subscription with you if you add a Windows Phone 8. I really miss watching movies from you but if that means opening my laptop and sometimes missing out when I am on the go then I am not making use of my subscription to the best that I can.

Not to,mention, most hardware of Windows Phone 8 includes HD display. Mine does (Nokia Lumia 925) and therefore this app would not only be beneficial for me when I am on the go but means videos don't have to be down-sized when it comes to quality.

Please accept this suggestion. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree....

I was considering joining nowtv because of how quick they get new films but after finding this post me thinks i'll stick with netflix they support the whole windows eco system wp8/RT and win 8 and they have films with 5.1 cant belive i was thinking of changing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree.

Although I enjoy the service, I can't see myself renewing without a Windows Phone and a Windows 8 dedicated app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes please to a windows phone nowtv app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can it be under consideration? It is already available on windows 8, whats to consider by moving it across to windows phone? Do you really think that Microsoft are going to give up on their windows phones any time soon!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ord,

As a Windows Phone user myself, I'd love to see a NOW TV app too, but it isn't as simple as "moving it across" from Windows 8. 

NOW TV on Windows 8 uses Microsoft Silverlight to play movies and sports through the internet browser- the same kind of setup isn't possible on mobile devices, and so a dedicated app would have to be developed.

We're adding new devices to the service regularly, but can't be available everywhere right away. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes you,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's been almost a year since the windows 8 platform launched. It would be really good to see apps appear that are designed for windows phone 8 and the windows 8 /RT platform. The folk at Microsoft have done a good job, so help them give apple a run for their money!<br><br>Build it, and they will come....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I feel like im living in the past. Netflix have an app out but im limited to using now tv on my xbox and not on my portable device.. I feel now tv should be doing more to supply the growing demand of windows phone users with what they ask for within a timely manner. All i know is its under consideration. Cheers mr mutli million pound business!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Isn't Now TV using HTML5? I know both Win 8 & Win Phone both great support for HTML5, regardless, is there any update on apps for Windows Phone or Windows 8?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Already posted at

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Your-Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Now-TV-App-for-Windows-Phone-Smartphones/idi-p/2...

Please kudos and comment at the link above. Thank you.