cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi just to add for the call to provide subtitles. My wife is deaf and the now box is useless to me without them. When can they be provided? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

considering that half of England dont speak English these days, subtitles is a must have feature..

I understand you use Silverlight. I know for a fact its an easy fix.. I am surprised you havent done it in 3 yrs of development.. Shout if you need help..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

WELL,

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE STILL WAITING FOR SUBTITLES....(FOR FREE)

IS NOW TV DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

IF SO, WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE ??

WE ARE SPECTING IT TO BE VERY VERY SOON

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This suggestion was in 2012. Still nothing. By not offering a subtitles option, you are actually discriminating against those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Please implement this facility soon.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there , my wife has just bought me a box for my birthday and she is deaf so she won't be watching anything on it ,I can't belt this has been an issue for years it's a bloody joke a huge money making company like sky can't add a simple function which has been around for as long as I can remember and I'm 38,bloody joke!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'd just like to add to my previous post that maybe you should have it known about lack of subtitles on tv ads and website as you don't seem to be resolving the issue!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is it almost 3 years on from the original suggestion and nothing has been done about this? 

I find this disgusting. I'm very disappointed. Netflix offer subtitles, along with entertainment and movies all for £6.99 a month... Try harder NowTV!!!! We're paying more for less here! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

very poor thats there no subtitles

@Anonymous User wrote:

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very disappointing there are no subtitles - no excuses - just poor customer service like all the others who do not offer this option. 

I'm hearing impaired and its wonderful that the majority of media these days offer subtitles which have really increased my enjoyment of TV and film. Instead of feeling lost trying to follow plots or constantly asking questions throughout a film I can just watch like everyone else.  That is the point, having subtitles makes me equal in that respect and I expect those like me or indeed worse can really appreciate such frustrations and the pleasure it has been seeing them alleviated over the years.

So how infuriating then, where this is now a readily available function huge companies such as Sky's Now TV (among others) are choosing not to enable this facility. 

It really is shameful for subtitles to not be included as a standard when there are huge numbers of people who are affected by this. 

It can only be down to financial motivations why this has not been implemented from the onset and then after such a long time.  I cannot believe in this day and age if it was due solely to being too complex that 2 years would not be sufficient time to see a resolution.  So many peoples objections being pacified  - there there - we'll get to you eventually - maybe - if and when it suits us. 

Some people are saying dont buy it if you need subtitles - but why shouldn't we all be able to enjoy the same services? What its ok because deaf people have Netflix?  No its not ok - I would like to enjoy NowTV as a hearing impaired person please?

You are always reiterating you are looking to improve your services - however as this technology is and has been available for a long time I would say it is your responsibilty in the interest of equality that your services are available to all where it is ultimately feasible.  To class as an improvement what many would argue should be a standard is a backward and demoralising attitude.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm new to now tv. These posts regarding subtitles are 2 years old but there still doesn't appear to be subtitle option?? Poor show now tv. Please listen to what your customers are saying.