cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

English subtitles are a waste of time.

Those who want subtitles get the BDs rentals as they have up to over 24 languages to choose from in subtitles depending on the publisher.

They pay more for the rental services. 

NONE of the Ondemand content providers really care about subs.

That includes Netflix as there is lots of content with out any subs at all still.

Lovefilm had no subs for years the buy out by Amazon merged the Library content. There won't be subs on that content still. There won't be the option for years..

The TV content on both services won't have subs on all content as the content was made before Closed captions were added to broadcasts and the cost to convert to subtitles won't be recovered ever. 

Because you have the choice to get content on BD/DVD you don't have to be given it on any other providers.

PS. When using spell check do not tick replace all, The system is built on a very old data. You have to go through manualy..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also like this idea, which can be really useful, and more especially for non-native English speakers (I'm French) Smiley Tongue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

'In order to add weight to the case'?

Tom, EVERY SINGLE ONLINE MEDIA application or service (4 on Demand, BBC iPlayer, LOVEFiLM, Netflix, etc.) all provide subtitles.

... why is your company/service the only exception?

It should be a compulsory feature, NOT as an after thought.

The fact that nine months down the line since this issue has been raised in this very thread and not yet implemented speaks volumes!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I've signed today and paid £1 for a month. There was an offer that would allow me to watch Now TV for £1 for three months. Paid the first month but I won't even renovate for the second month as I'll go back to Netflix. Not as many movies as Now TV, but better streaming quality and subtitles in almost everything.

So long Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I've signed today and paid £1 for a month. There was an offer that would allow me to watch Now TV for £1 for three months. Paid the first month but I won't even renovate for the second month as I'll go back to Netflix. Not as many movies as Now TV, but better streaming quality and subtitles in almost everything.    

So long Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Khalilsa01 and He,

Thank you for your posts.

Having the benefit of subtitles on our movies is something we are currently looking into.

Please keep an eye out on our Community/ Facebook/ Twitter pages for any updates.

Kind Regards,

Becca

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How long will take that. You saying that since last year!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i Have been trying to think what this app is lacking and thought that in future you could consider:

1: Adding subtitle support

2: have an option to just scroll through A-Z so you can see a full list easily rather then genre/collections

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to watch the movies in other languages or at last with subtitles option. It could be great!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just joined today as part of a promotion, and i'm extremely disappointed at the lack of subtitles, which is a fundamental part of any paid video delivery service!

I can't believe that this has been an ongoing issue for over 7 months, with still no progress.  When Lovefilm streaming first came out, I thought that was a half-baked service, but NowTV has just set the bar.

I'm going to persist with the service for now, but you should really get on the case with the subtitles!