cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's really about time deaf and hard of hearing folks were listened to, and not marginalised, nor discriminated against, so come on, time something is done about subtitles!!?? Bazza

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes very disappointed to see that this matter has been discussed since 2012 and still no result.  It would not hurt to be up front about this and include somewhere in your leaflets that subtitles are NOT available. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm partially deaf and find it very hard to hear people talking, especially if there is music/sound effects playing at the same time, which unfortunately for me is nearly every scene in every show/movie. I rely on subtitles. At the moment I have to have my tv so loud the neighbours and my family complain, and I have to keep rewinding over and over again till I've managed to work out what's been said. As you can imagine this is not much fun for any one watching with me. I think it's disgusting that this has been going on since 2012 and its still not been put into place, as a paying deaf customer I feel that refunds should be given out to those who need subtitles.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just ordered and immediately cancelled NOW TV on the basis of no subtitles.  Honestly bizzare given all of NOW TV's competitors offer subtitles and it's pretty standard thing these days..

As nice as it is to watch pictures, being deaf makes subtitles essential. They shouldn't be seen as an optional-extra, rather a key part of the service that make it accessible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes very true.
For the same reason I had to switch to Netflix at least they provide the same service.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely it cannot be so difficult to provide subtitles? I don't have Sky but I am assuming they provide subtitles to for their viewers so why not the paying customers of NowTV?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sky via dish has subtitles, but Sky Go does not.  It's easier to provide subtitles for broadcast content than streaming.

It's clearly not an uncrackable problem since other on demand services have subtitles.  However, putting subtitles on live channels streamed via the internet is even more difficult still.  I'm not aware of any live streaming TV channels which have solved that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @DarylM much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is no more difficult to provide subtitles for live TV streamed online as
it is for live TV generally. So if the Sky channel (via dish) has subtitles
for live TV there is absolutely no reason why the same channel (via NowTV)
should not also have subtitles.