cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got a idea for the now tv any chance u could put a on and off switch on the now tv box so u can turn it on and off and perhaps a standby mode using the remote control

11 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Roku LT, on which NOWTV box is based, doesn't have an on/off switch and I've not found this to be a problem in the last 13 months. I've got it plugged into a switched socket and turn it on as needed.

When box is switched on, but not in use, it's in standby mode.

Obviously the set-up of TVs varies - my Roku is connected to HDMI2 and I switch TV to that setting to use Roku.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Press the NowTV button and if you set the timer for say 5 mins,it will go off to standby no problem. Go to settings to change it to whatever you want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is a problem when you have a dual hdmi cable connected to another source and you need it to turn off so it automatically switches to the other device.  So you still have to manually switch between the two.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's also a problem when it freezes! It means you have to disconnect it and reconnect, then wait for it to reboot!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it safe to leave the Now TV set top box in standby mode or do I unplug it after each use

I have three HDMI sockets. The Amazon firestick stays plugged in and is no problem when needed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

There is no problem at all with leaving your NOW TV Box on standby, The box is eco friendly and doesn't use a lot of electricity when on standby mode.

It also allows us to send updates to your NOW TV Box during the night.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy.  Very much appreciated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm new to nowtv. i've briefly used it in the past and have now signed up with the intention of using it perminantly and for it to replace my old tv subscription.

So far the most immediate thing that came to my attention when using now tv, is the remote and lack of options on it.

This is something i could get used to, however what bothers me to the point of writing this, is not having a standby button on the remote.....I've never seen any remote (including 100's of random china make electroincs) that dont have a standby button. would love for there to be a standby button on the remote! its an inconveinience to have to change the timer every time.

I'd say it goes without saying how useful a simple on/off switch for the remote would be, but aparently not. please add one! 

I'm suprised i havent found many more asking the same thing. Thanks for everything else, so far so good

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have got the app on my phone I have a Samsung telly it won't stream to it so I am deleting it will I don't want another box on my tell think itshe stupid not to be compatability with Samsung I'm not changing my telly just to watch now tv forget it
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

Given that the NOW TV app is now supported on some models of Samsung televisions, you would probably be better off posting your comments within the forums dedicated Samsung TV sub-section...

Cheers