cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you release an app for the Panasonic Viera connect market and other smart tvs too?

A good range of smart tv apps would dramatically enhance the useability of your service on smart tv's.

A smart app would open up a vast range on potential new users for your service, convenience is everyting in this market. 

The BBC iplayer is probably the most useful, impressive and used app on any uk  smart tv why can't you emulate this success with Now TV?

38 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In your smartphone apps you should allow for streaming from the phone to dlna devices, eg smart TV's, this way anybody with a smart dlna TV and a smart dlna phone could benefit from your service, as you only currently provide lg with the TV app.

The only reason I would subscribe to any video service is if im able to watch said videos on the big screen. Allowing streaming over dlna will massively increase your possible customer base as practically everyone has a smart phone but not everyone has an lg TV! lg accounts for a % share of total smart TV's sold. You are missing out on other manufacturers customers. Personally I have an lg smart TV and have nowtv app available directly on the TV but I can still see the need and desire to stream video to other devices (like my samsung bedroom TV)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know if an nowtv app will be developed for panasonic app tvs?

Thanks 

John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Other than the iPlayer are there any other UK TV stations that have apps on the Panasonic TVs?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Other than the iPlayer are there any other UK TV stations that have apps on the Panasonic TVs?

No they don'tany more but theres a reason for that Freeview Tvs are meant to get the platform called Freetime licensed, this will remove the need for Single applications for catch up... on HDTVs but Samsung Screwed most other brands over by getting an exclusive timed deal on it as the primary brand HDTV... Its allready on Sat boxes...

It replaces the catch up apps with a 7 day backwards catch upguide for up to 25 channels content.

This is the same technology Youview uses for the domestic channels 1-5...  but for more channels...

Panasonic has now done the deal and will remove samsung as the exclusive brand and add it to HDTVs...

But we can expect it not to work with the OPs model number as thats how these things ALLWAYS go...

The next HDTV brand to get the NowTV app will be WHO ever makes NowTVs development easy....

So OP should realy tell Panasonic to Buck up not NowTV...

Free SDK and Free PCs to run it, About 10 different models of HDTVs for free to test on... 0% Cut for every user on their brand.... Those and othere ideas might make it better for NowTV to release on Panasonic... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone advise?  Can I download the now tv app on a panasonic viera smart tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I recently purchased a Panasonic Smart TV without checking if it had Now TV on it. I just assumed all new smart TV's had a Now TV app (clearly I'm not smart!)

I can't add a box to the TV due to it's location on a wall with no extra power sockets available.

We like to watch the football and I don't want to have to buy another TV to be able to do this.

So come on Now TV or Panasonic TV and make it possible!!!

Thanks in advance.

Grantylad

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  One possible solution (albeit a slightly expensive one) is to get a Roku stick or a Chromecast.

These devices will play Now TV and draw power from your TV's USB port (provided it has one).  So no extra power socket required.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks for this I'll look into these options and check if the TV has a USB Port.

Do you know just how expensive a Roku stick or a Chromecast would be?

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Regards
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast ~£30 

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Roku stick about £40-£50, I think.  If you look on Currys you might be able to get one with an Entertainment Pass.

Chromecast is £30.  But I'm not certain how the Chromecast works with Now TV.  I think you need to have a device (smartphone or tablet) to cast from.