cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any way to change this? When I first got the NOW TV box a few months back, I thought the LED was broken - then the software immediately updated and it worked perfectly! Now with the new software version it's impossible to tell when the box is on/off (unless the TV is on and set to the HDMI input from the box). I saw one person didn't like the bright LED, but I think it's really useful - perhaps you could make it a Setting (user-changeable) or at least brighten it a bit? (It's far too dim at the moment.)

7 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was 1 who didn't like bright light at night trying watch film ect to have this bright lightunder tv bugging me but I agree its 2 dim now during day you can't tell if its on or off great for dark viewing during night though.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had Roku LT ( on which NOWTV box is based) for 18 months and don't even look at white led.

Box is controlled by on/off switch at socket and only turned on when needed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

since the firmware update the LED light doesn't come on so it is difficult to tell if the box is on or just not working.

If some people find it too bright then make an option to have dim or bright in the settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the same issue I cant tell the remote is working now do I return the box as faulty ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im the same is the box faulty when the light isnt working it was nice and clear before tricky when trying to point remote at it 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is there any way to change this? When I first got the NOW TV box a few months back, I thought the LED was broken - then the software immediately updated and it worked perfectly! Now with the new software version it's impossible to tell when the box is on/off (unless the TV is on and set to the HDMI input from the box). I saw one person didn't like the bright LED, but I think it's really useful - perhaps you could make it a Setting (user-changeable) or at least brighten it a bit? (It's far too dim at the moment.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserNo, don't return it as it's not a faulty box but part of the firmware upgrade.

I now look at the box for a dark dash on the front of it, when it's not in use or a solid front cover as the light almost replicates the colour of plastic housing.

I'd like to be able to set the brightness myself plus have the ability to tweak other settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well I am disappointed the light worked perfectly b4 and from the other
side of the room I cannot tell if its on or not if this is the best now tv
can do im not impressed is there anyway to fix It?
I have to say overall im not impressed with now tv we have it on our main
tv also and that is constantly freezing im not sure I would recommend this
service to any one